[BTS] BOTM 248: Mehmed, Prince - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
BOTM 248: Mehmed, Prince - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, particularly anything after 1AD

Did you win?

Reading Requirements
If you are participating in BOTM 248 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

I conquered the world with knights. Just before the hordes would land on Greek shores, Catherine got so impressed with the Sultan's mighty horse that she sponaneously offered to be my vassal. A wise choice as she would have been second on the menu, but I found it surprising that an AI on another continent with no touching borders, not even on sea, would offer to be my vassal. The Greeks, Indians and Arabs all kissed the ring soon enough, a secondary force of knights was built for the Persians that now got shipped over with galleons. When Darius also bent the knee MT just came in, but it was of no use anymore. Fun game, thanks. :)

I was going for space but failed and got domination instead 12T before launch. I thought I had a 5tile margin and would get a 3tile borderpop but it turned out to be 4/4. Real bummer cause I had a great end game going, 2-turning techs and a perfect set of high production cities + 3 subsequent golden ages from shortly after Assembly Line onward until expected space ship launch.

The win date would have been kinda late for space too anyhow. Apart from early expansion being slowish I got several setbacks. One of my stacks got destroyed by the Russians in Athens when I DoWed Egypt and another one by the Indians in a Russian city (they had a surprising big army, no culture protection yet). I also missed 2 GS (GM+GE instead) which were supposed to catapult me towards Communism, that was a delay of 12-15T.
All in all I eliminated Egypt, Russia and India and conquered Mecca for MoM. Some of the Indian citeis I gifted to Saladin to stay under domination, should have gifted one more on time. Going for the Cow award I guess :)

@Powerfaker How unfortunate.
Contender save here.
I went for space as well, and had to give away 3 or 4 cities to Saladin to avoid tripping the domination land limit.
I got Hattie as a peace vassal (920AD) but apart from Philo and Nationalism, didn't get anything worthy from her. I conquered Alex (1090AD), Cathy (1230AD) and Asoka (1440AD) on my way to space. Finished in 1715AD.

Fun game, thanks.
Now onto BOTM249, let's see if there is enough time to play and submit it before the deadline. Not too optimistic about that.

I also went for space race, and will be a contender for slowest finish. Turn 350 (1930AD). It was just so much fun seeing how many world wonders I could build in my capitol.:stupid:
Thanks for a good game!

Went for the Challenger Save.
Raging Barbs strolled through two Warriors to burn my 2nd city at the start xD
Spoiler :

Overestimated how much of a fight the Emperor AI would put up, so I was barely invading with Cuirassiers and Galleons at the end before they surrendered right away.
Props to the Arab Trireme who blockaded and kept my main army from upgrading with plenty of :gold: on hand. :goodjob:
Spoiler :

I was aiming for space/culture win but won diplomatic instead.Very late of course. Initially I played a peaceful game, no civil war against Kurds, no genocide against Armenians. Eventually I was going to take Egypt's continental cities but meanwhile Cathy first conquered and vassaled Lexy, then attacked Egypt which quickly surrendered without losing a single city. My privateers were having fun sinking Russian invasion fleets while I remained at peace. Eventually I had to take the rest of my landmass so I conquered Egyptian cities and got a vassal with 3 cities on other landmasses. Then it was time to take vassaled Greece and of course ensure that Russia would never commit more war crimes. I carved the heart out of Russia, leaving the desert south and a few western cities to surrender. When my colony ship was underway and 2 cities were churning culture I took a UN vote and surprisingly got enough votes.
The modern armor really crushes Russians, as we will soon see in also in real life as the Leopard and Abrams panzers will grind the war criminals to fertilizer.

I was aiming for space/culture win but won diplomatic instead.Very late of course. Initially I played a peaceful game, no civil war against Kurds, no genocide against Armenians. Eventually I was going to take Egypt's continental cities but meanwhile Cathy first conquered and vassaled Lexy, then attacked Egypt which quickly surrendered without losing a single city. My privateers were having fun sinking Russian invasion fleets while I remained at peace. Eventually I had to take the rest of my landmass so I conquered Egyptian cities and got a vassal with 3 cities on other landmasses. Then it was time to take vassaled Greece and of course ensure that Russia would never commit more war crimes. I carved the heart out of Russia, leaving the desert south and a few western cities to surrender. When my colony ship was underway and 2 cities were churning culture I took a UN vote and surprisingly got enough votes.
The modern armor really crushes Russians, as we will soon see in also in real life as the Leopard and Abrams panzers will grind the war criminals to fertilizer.
Way to go, HKJJ! Lets get that weaponry to those who need it. And good luck to everyone who is sick and tired of Erdogan's BS in the May elections. Who knows... we could become allies eventually. (But honestly, Sweden has defense guarantees from UK, France, Germany and USA... so it might be better if we never get in NATO--esp if the price is to sacrifice our values.) Love that Finland will be there, and you know we got your back. JAS Gripen from Gotland will do what we can to keep the Baltic Sea safe from Putin.

Top Bottom