[BTS] BOTM 267: Sitting Bull, Emperor - First Spoiler - 1AD

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
BOTM 267: Sitting Bull, Emperor - First Spoiler - 1AD

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD

Reading Requirements
If you are participating in BOTM 267, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

Errrrm, its March and no one has posted. I guess everyone is playing this close to their chests. Let me fill the void albeit in a very restricted manner. I am currently at 1230ad.....but will load my closest save to 0ad....

In summary, the land sucks, trading sucks...

I didn't SIP, I Oracled CoL and built GLH

Settled capital on desert 1 NW, initial research was Animal Husbandry, then Mining and Bronze Working. Settled next to gold SW of capital first, researched Mysticism to chop a totem pole there and access the two fish. 3rd city was next to sheep and clam on the western tip of the peninsula. After the great lighthouse I settled the NW island for trade route income only (although after a LONG time it will have fish), then floodplains west of capital for clams. I also researched Writing and hurried a library in the gold city so that the great scientist would pop there before a merchant in the capital.

Meanwhile I made sure to send out warriors and dog soldiers to fogbust my whole peninsula. Built two galleys to meet neighbours but they also stayed fogbusting for a while, and unfortunately the eastern sea path is blocked by ice and ocean, so I could only connect with Celts and Egypt by coast so far.

Next cities were the fish-cow where my peninsula connects with the hub to claim that spot before others try, and the sheep-copper to the east so I could build Colossus in capital, then a city to grab dyes and ivory for happiness. So I went Metal Casting after Alphabet rather than the more common Currency-Code of Laws path. Colossus is obviously good on that map due to poor cottage land, plenty of lakes and coast, and no need for Astronomy. Still, due to focusing on those commerce wonders my expansion was delayed a bit, 8 cities at 1AD, though I plan to hurry some settlers and settle 4 more in the early ADs to fill the rest of the land I have in that peninsula.

The long-term plan is to use my great people generation and commerce to rush to Cuirassiers, since conquest with 2-movers is probably the fastest way to win that sprawling map.

Spoiler Empire screenshot at 1AD :

botm267_1ad.png

Settled capital on desert 1 NW, initial research was Animal Husbandry, then Mining and Bronze Working. Settled next to gold SW of capital first, researched Mysticism to chop a totem pole there and access the two fish. 3rd city was next to sheep and clam on the western tip of the peninsula. After the great lighthouse I settled the NW island for trade route income only (although after a LONG time it will have fish), then floodplains west of capital for clams. I also researched Writing and hurried a library in the gold city so that the great scientist would pop there before a merchant in the capital.

Meanwhile I made sure to send out warriors and dog soldiers to fogbust my whole peninsula. Built two galleys to meet neighbours but they also stayed fogbusting for a while, and unfortunately the eastern sea path is blocked by ice and ocean, so I could only connect with Celts and Egypt by coast so far.

Next cities were the fish-cow where my peninsula connects with the hub to claim that spot before others try, and the sheep-copper to the east so I could build Colossus in capital, then a city to grab dyes and ivory for happiness. So I went Metal Casting after Alphabet rather than the more common Currency-Code of Laws path. Colossus is obviously good on that map due to poor cottage land, plenty of lakes and coast, and no need for Astronomy. Still, due to focusing on those commerce wonders my expansion was delayed a bit, 8 cities at 1AD, though I plan to hurry some settlers and settle 4 more in the early ADs to fill the rest of the land I have in that peninsula.

The long-term plan is to use my great people generation and commerce to rush to Cuirassiers, since conquest with 2-movers is probably the fastest way to win that sprawling map.

Spoiler Empire screenshot at 1AD :

hello @antimony maybe a little of topic,
what combination of mod you use?
ofc buffy but how do you chieve the imporved look ?its from but mod, or blue marble? how to intall and run together?
since in other discussion you mentioned you dont have BAT mod.

Top Bottom