[BTS] BOTM 268: Victoria, Prince - First Spoiler - 1AD

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
BOTM 268: Victoria, Prince - First Spoiler - 1AD

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD

Reading Requirements
If you are participating in BOTM 268, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

I was tempted to settle on the marble, but it looked inland and I did like SIP for the food, sea access and commerce potential with the flood plains, so I stuck to that. By 1AD I've expanded to 12 cities, 7 on our island, 3 on the Roman island and 2 on the Indian island, 1 of which was a barb city that was easy to take with an axe as it was defended by 2 warriors only. The Romans have started to show their red fist so I should be a bit wary of their praetorians, will beef up defenses a bit and then will go after them first. Tech is humming along nicely enough, I'm half way Education, with literature, calendar and MC in the bag. I've built the GLH, Oracle (CS) and GLib, while the MoM is nearly done.

I also SIP. Initial research path was agri/BW/wheel/pottery/AH.

By 1AD I have contacted all but one AI. Although by means of map trades I know his whereabouts.

Other stats @1AD: 8 cities, 51 pop. Asoka beat me by 1 turn to spots I was about to settle twice. This made me want to go after him first, but after seeing his huge "continent" I suppose we should wait for Communism/state property as to avoid colonial expenses? Probably will take on Hanni first, then Augustus next? Their lands actually look better than Asoka's.

350bpt -76 gpt @100%; 282bpt break even

WW: GLH 1040BC; Oracle CS 900BC; Colossus 325BC

Main techs: CS, Engineering, Paper, Calendar, HBR.
I feel I have all the required techs to expand by force.
Just need to find the courage and start whipping those nice 2:food:4:commerce: coast tiles into military units:undecide:

Nicely designed map, @DynamicSpirit !

I did NOT resist the urge to settle on the marble....SIP was tempting but with the dearth of obvious hammers I took the "2 free base HPT forever" option.

To try add comparison to the others above:

Tech path: Agr/wheel/pottery/mysticism/BW/Poly/PH/Writing/Masonry/CoL/Maths/CS(Oracle)/Mono(revolt)/Alphabet........
With all the flood plains & financial I wanted cottages up and running asap. Don't ask me why I chose Myst before BW....this surprised me when I look at the log.

I built Oracle 1200BC (CS), GLib 425BC, Kong Miao 325BC, GLH 150BC, and am building Colossus. No one else has MC. This is almost the perfect GLH/Colossus map/leader!

12 cities, 7 on my island, 3 on Romes, 2 on Asoka, one of which was a barb city....which is all identical to nocho!!
Conquistador 63 had 8 cities with 51 pop, my 12 cities have 37! Makes sense to me, you dont gain pop when building/whipping settlers.
266bpt -94 gpt @100%; 168bpt break even. This contrasts hugely with Conquistador which makes me think I over expanded, though Colossus will make a difference.

I am 3 turns from Education....no Calendar, HBR, Construction, let alone Engineering......I agree Hannibal is the first target, then Rome

Agreed this is a great map

Top Bottom