BOTM patch list?

PhilipN

Chieftain
Hi! I'm new to BOTM, and have a question: When the sticky says the game must be fully patched up, what specific patches do I need to install? I want to make sure I have the full list installed.

Welcome!

Code:
Software Versions

Windows players require version 3.19 of Civilization IV BtS, as well as Hof Mod version BUFFY-3.19.005, available here.

Mac players will require version 3.19 of Civilization IV BtS, plus HoF Mod version MacBUFFY-3.19.003, available here.

https://gotm.civfanatics.net/civ4games/index.php?month=70238

Thanks a lot! Does the HOF mod just give me a community hall of fame, or does it also make changes to gameplay that affect single player (e.g. change the AI in some way)?

I don't think the Buffymod makes any gameplay changes... (Or was it something regarding overflow gold..? )
But there are some really neat UI changes, such as workers stop chopping and ask for instructions before doing the finishing chop.
It also adds sentry+heal for units which is very comfortable.

Welcome to BOTM, very nice with more company. :)

I'm having a problem with loading the mod. Whenever I click "Load a Mod" and then try to load the BUFFY mod, I get the following error message:

Warning: The HOF Mod will be unable to save settings. Games played will NOT be valid for submission to the CivFanatics 'Hall of Fame' (HOF) or 'Game of the Month' (xOTM) competitions. Please use an [sic] user account with admin access. (Vista users, please check the HOF Mod web page for fixes related to Vista.)

Click 'OK' to continue if you DO NOT wish to submit.
Click 'Cancel' to exit.

I'm currently running Windows 7 with minimal updates, by the way.

I'm having a problem with loading the mod. Whenever I click "Load a Mod" and then try to load the BUFFY mod, I get the following error message:

Warning: The HOF Mod will be unable to save settings. Games played will NOT be valid for submission to the CivFanatics 'Hall of Fame' (HOF) or 'Game of the Month' (xOTM) competitions. Please use an [sic] user account with admin access. (Vista users, please check the HOF Mod web page for fixes related to Vista.)

Click 'OK' to continue if you DO NOT wish to submit.
Click 'Cancel' to exit.

I'm currently running Windows 7 with minimal updates, by the way.

That error normally comes up if you're trying to run the game without sufficient permissions. The game needs admin access on Windows in order for BUFFY to work properly for GOTM games. The easiest way to achieve that is to find the executable file for BtS (It'll be the file called Civ4BeyondSword.exe, in the directory you installed Civ 2), right-click on it, select Properties, then Compatibility, then check 'Run this program as an administrator'. That should normally fix it (it'll mean that whenever you start civ, you'll get a Windows dialog asking you to confirm that you do want to run the app, but that's unavoidable).

That error normally comes up if you're trying to run the game without sufficient permissions. The game needs admin access on Windows in order for BUFFY to work properly for GOTM games. The easiest way to achieve that is to find the executable file for BtS (It'll be the file called Civ4BeyondSword.exe, in the directory you installed Civ 2), right-click on it, select Properties, then Compatibility, then check 'Run this program as an administrator'. That should normally fix it (it'll mean that whenever you start civ, you'll get a Windows dialog asking you to confirm that you do want to run the app, but that's unavoidable).

Thanks! Looks like it's working now. Now to learn my way around the new interface...

OK, now I'm getting one more error message when I start a new game with the BUFFY mod: When I start a game, it says, "HOF Warning: This game is not valid for HOF use. See the Settings page of the Victory screen for details."

When I click on the Settings page of the Victory screen, it says, "Lock Modified Assets: Required." Where do I find the "Lock Modified Assets" button? I've looked through the settings, and I'm not seeing it.

OK, now I'm getting one more error message when I start a new game with the BUFFY mod: When I start a game, it says, "HOF Warning: This game is not valid for HOF use. See the Settings page of the Victory screen for details."

When I click on the Settings page of the Victory screen, it says, "Lock Modified Assets: Required." Where do I find the "Lock Modified Assets" button? I've looked through the settings, and I'm not seeing it.

Presumably this is when you start a new game of your own, right? Not when you load a downloaded GOTM save? As I understand it, that warning says that the game doesn't meet the rules for the Hall of Fame competition. It's not relevant to GOTM, which is a separate competition. HOF and GOTM have different requirements. You only need to pay attention to that warning if you're starting a new game that you intend to submit to HOF (If that's the case, then I'm not sure how you deal with it. Others here might know, or you may need to ask in the HOF forum). Hope that's of some help.

This is indeed when I start a new game of my own; I'm going to have to practice with Patch 3.19 a bit more before I try GOTM, since until now I've played on a much earlier patch.

OK that makes sense. Since you're starting games to practice on your own, you can ignore that warning.

OK that makes sense. Since you're starting games to practice on your own, you can ignore that warning.
Thanks! If I ever did want to submit a game to the HOF, would this affect that? If so, what would I need to do differently?

On an unrelated note, do the BOTM games all use the Normal game speed, or do they use a mixture of Quick, Normal, Epic, and Marathon? I want to practice on the one(s) that they use, but I otherwise don't really play Quick games.

Thanks! If I ever did want to submit a game to the HOF, would this affect that? If so, what would I need to do differently?

If you follow the instructions in the link NZ posted above it should remove the error message. Make sure you do the "Read Only" thing on both the Progams/BTS and Documents/BTS folders. Yes, the warning would make HOF games invalid.

On an unrelated note, do the BOTM games all use the Normal game speed, or do they use a mixture of Quick, Normal, Epic, and Marathon? I want to practice on the one(s) that they use, but I otherwise don't really play Quick games.
Most BOTM games are on Normal speed. Occasionally, a different speed will be thrown in like Quick or Epic, but it is pretty rare. I can't recall a mara BOTM game at all.

When you start a game you want to play under HOF rules you need to select "Custom Game" then scroll down the options until you find "Lock Modified Assets" and ensure this is ticked.

LMA.png

Top Bottom