arent WOMD​
evil​
great​
tried to suffocate your grandma (I'm sure)​
did nothing bad at all​

any more questions???

Grey Fox said:
I agree holy king, Hammer IS best.

Nah... Dori looks much prettier. Besides Hammer is practically useless unless you have gunpowder: You'd be a pathetic whimp in the early game and where's the fun in that?

Hammers are superior to Shields in every possible way. A Hammer is like a verb- pro active - a noun with a punch. What is a Shield? a retroactive "don't hurt me" thing they give like minor female characters in comic strips.

The mighty modern Russian state was borne of the Hammer and Scycle(sp) while the Great English Empire, with their Coats of Arms Shield emblems, melted away....
In ancient Norse there is a saying "Shield bearers thee are of sux"
Thier Thunder God carried a War Hammer- not a War "Shield".

A Hammer is also useful around the house. And even at the office. Whereas a Shield is so much clutter. A practical Graphic that lends itself to War, Industeriousness, Building new things with Workers, Blacksmithing, Railroading ect.
The Shield? Barracks, War thats it.

In the future perhaps the Shield will see some revival in the form of like a space ship shield - however in any environment the Hammer will be found- hammer'n away.

This thread is a post-modern classic! :D

In Civ MMMXXVI (scheduled for release in early spring 4958 AD), you'll be able to build this thread as a Wonder - using HAMMERS!!! :lol:

-- Roland

Can't we all just get along? I think units of production should be changed to the:

SHAMMER
(shield + hammer)

perfectly useless, completely unrealistic, but will make everyone happy! :lol:

bio_hazard said:
Can't we all just get along? I think units of production should be changed to the:

SHAMMER
(shield + hammer)

perfectly useless, completely unrealistic, but will make everyone happy!
Appeaser! In this conflict, may only the strongest survive!

A SHAMMER?! How dare you attempt to do such a thing! Didn't the world end when the people of Narnia attempted to create "Tashlan"? You shall be silenced!

*hits bio hazard over the head with a shield*

*hits bio hazard over the head with a shield*

ooof! :crazyeye: well, at least you didn't hit me with a shammer! :mischief:

Ye Gods! A monster - kill it! A Shammer shall never be! Why must yoiu try to play GOd with your new genetic technologies??!?! WHY?!??!

In Civ MMMXXVI (scheduled for release in early spring 4958 AD), you'll be able to build this thread as a Wonder - using HAMMERS!!!

Foolish child! By 4958 AD, the Capitalist experiment will be complete. Games will be created by the single thought of a gigantic one dollar bill (all hail). Our cities will be run completly efficiently by the invisible hand of Market (praise be). I await the day of our transformation into higher beings - pure essence of balance sheet! Hallelujah!

And to Helmling, my answer is simply: Hell yeah! What else you got to do before you get cIV?!

and this invisble hand of the market will of course use shields to run our cities.
i mean what else should it use? hammers? ha! in your dreams...

Mewtarthio said:
Aye! How often in history have people used "hammers" to build things? And yet Firaxis believes that they are somehow superior to blue shields? It's a travesty, I say! Death to Sid Meier! We shall keep shielding away at his defenses until there is nothing left!
I'd say the language used by Mewtarthio is beyond what I call civilized even for a thread like this. Quite frankly it's a disgrace to the legacy of Sid to use such words. A little outrage in jest is one thing, but let's not take it too far. After all, hammers or shields can be modded easily.

Heh, I think this will be the single easiest possible mod to make for the game... A simple replacement of one image file with another...

Mercade said:
I'd say the language used by Mewtarthio is beyond what I call civilized even for a thread like this. Quite frankly it's a disgrace to the legacy of Sid to use such words. A little outrage in jest is one thing, but let's not take it too far. After all, hammers or shields can be modded easily.
Can we threaten to crush Sid? To see him driven before us? To hear the lamentations of his women?

That, I think, would be best.

I would prefer shields but i assume you are joking about the boycott???

How could we be joking about something so fundamental as sheilds V hammers??

HOW?

This is the most pressing issue in global politics today. In fact, I'm contacting my local UN representative today to have America put under sanctions until they force Sid into renouncing his evil ways!

Now, where is the number for the UN? ... damn, must have left it in my other coat pocket ...

Top Bottom