Brave New World Hotfix Patch Available

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
A hotfix patch (1.0.3.70) is now available on Steam for Brave New World. Unfortunately, this fix is not available for the Mac version.

[CRASH]
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when users try to replace a farm with another improvement (like a Holy Place, Manufactory, etc.).
  • Fixed a crash with the World Wrap when moving naval units across it (primarily on Windows 8, the FX draw could cause a crash due to memory constraints).
  • Fixed a crash when attempting to unlock the Raiders of the Lost Ark achievement. This affected only human Washington players who were completing an Archaeological Dig in neutral territory.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur during the AI turn if a city that had connected trade routes was razed.
  • Fixed some additional random crashes found via Steam Reporting.

[AI]
  • The number of Archaeologists built by the AI is now more reasonable.
  • Correct error in flavor changes for ranged unit construction strategies.
  • Espionage AI: Correct an issue that was causing the AI to assign diplomats improperly when there were no valid targets.
  • Tactical AI - Pillaging: Update tactical AI to include targeting Citadels and non-resource tiles for pillaging, to prioritize closer targets over farther targets, and to prefer to use damaged units (so they get the healing benefit).

[BALANCE]
  • Allow Wats to be purchased with Faith by Siam (instead of Universities).

[UI]
  • When pressing escape, the tech tree now uses the same close logic as hitting F6 or the close button. This was previously causing the pop-up system to fail in-game. After the error occurred, no more pop-ups would be shown until it is cleared by reloading, or by hitting "F6" multiple times. This would be most noticeable when capturing an enemy city and the player would not be able to choose to annex, puppet, or raze, as it would just annex it automatically.
  • Audio sliders now move in increments in 1 (was 10) and display as a percentage. Fixed how the Slider control moves based on keyboard and scrollwheel input so that it correctly uses the WheelSteps property.
  • The Declare War UI now displays whether the players have created a declaration of friendship or denounced each other. There's also now a turn counter specifying how long the Declaration of Friendship or Denouncement has left.

[GAMEPLAY]
  • Fixed a bug causing all "Victory" achievements to stop functioning for the base game and Gods and Kings.
  • Fix the "Dr Livingstone" achievement.
  • Fix the "Pickett's Recharge" achievement.
  • Fix a bug that was causing Barbarians to not properly target civilian units.
  • Fix "Greed is Good" achievement. No longer unlocks when the AI fulfills the requirements.
  • Fix the Venetian Great Galleass so that it can no longer both Melee and Range attack.
  • Fix cases where Cite-State units weren't being marked properly as dangerous or friendly. These could cause workers to wake up (or ignore danger) incorrectly.

[MODDING]
  • DLL connecters now link properly. Custom built DLL mods would previously not load properly (since last update).
  • Fix "flibby" antiquity sites bug that can occur when using a World Builder map that has pre-defined antiquity sites.

[EXPLOIT]
  • Venice can no longer annex cities through the Strategic View.
  • Venice can no longer annex cities that were previously their puppet, captured by another player, then recaptured as Venice.

[MULTIPLAYER]
  • Fix an issue that can occur when you start an MP game with AI players, and that AI meets a City-State, and if a human then joins the game and takes over that AI slot, the game prevents the human from moving into the City-State territory without declaring war.
  • Allow the game to read-in custom maps from any maps directory, not just the main game maps directory.
  • Unlocked the rest of the map-scripts for multiplayer play (there were some that were previously not hooked in from earlier releases) – ContinentsPlus, Donut, PangaeaPlus, Sandstorm, Highlands, Lakes, Terra.

Thanks to anandus for letting us know.

At least this means the AI's idiotic archaeologist spam will stop. Also does this mean that the Reseed mod will be able to read all the maps?

Denouncement counter seems bugged: shows 49 turns left for every denouncement, and does not move beyond that. Can anyone confirm? (Global Politics tab)

Function called from lua seems bugged, I tried to use the same function for the InfoAddict light mod, and the result is the same (in fact, that's how I noticed, I was searching like crazy for "my" mistake, assuming that the function was working, until I checked inside Global Politics and saw the reported behaviour).

I have only G&K and I still got a patch yesterday. So, I think this might not be just for BNW.

Either way, the fix broke my LAN save games. Yeah, from now on I will go online with steam only when I want my games to be patched. Basically, before the patch, the player name during LAN was the same as the steam profile name, now it switched to the windows user. This means that the names mismatch with the ones in the save games. Furthermore, even the game name changed to the name of the host (= windows user).

I tried everything to fix this. Both me and my brother changed the aliases in the config ini, relocated my documents, created new windows accounts with our steam profile names. Nothing works. With the new windows users we managed to get the game to think we are the same users as in the save, however the game still freezes during loading.

Any thoughts?

aahhh.. is that why now I have a number code up by the turn counter.. and just what is that for?

Either way, the fix broke my LAN save games.

I encountered the same problem with LAN saved games last night. The problem also occurs with newly saved games, so it's not just with pre-patch saves. When loading a saved LAN game, the host was properly assigned to the civ that they were formerly playing, but players joining the game were assigned to civs that were formerly AI in the save game, and the Human slots were not being filled.

I did find a work-around. Have the host kick all human players except for himself and start the saved game with all AI. Then have each human player join the game in the same order that their CIV is listed in the saved game and this allows the human player to take over the AI (of the civ they were formerly playing as Human). This worked for us. YMMV

I encountered the same problem with LAN saved games last night. The problem also occurs with newly saved games, so it's not just with pre-patch saves. When loading a saved LAN game, the host was properly assigned to the civ that they were formerly playing, but players joining the game were assigned to civs that were formerly AI in the save game, and the Human slots were not being filled.

I did find a work-around. Have the host kick all human players except for himself and start the saved game with all AI. Then have each human player join the game in the same order that their CIV is listed in the saved game and this allows the human player to take over the AI (of the civ they were formerly playing as Human). This worked for us. YMMV

I have only G&K and I still got a patch yesterday. So, I think this might not be just for BNW.

Either way, the fix broke my LAN save games. Yeah, from now on I will go online with steam only when I want my games to be patched. Basically, before the patch, the player name during LAN was the same as the steam profile name, now it switched to the windows user. This means that the names mismatch with the ones in the save games. Furthermore, even the game name changed to the name of the host (= windows user).

I tried everything to fix this. Both me and my brother changed the aliases in the config ini, relocated my documents, created new windows accounts with our steam profile names. Nothing works. With the new windows users we managed to get the game to think we are the same users as in the save, however the game still freezes during loading.

Any thoughts?

If the above method doesn't work, there are some another workarounds which have worked for me. It's explained in the guide below, check method 2 and 3.
http://www.civilization-tr.com/en/civilization-name-alias-bug-fix/

By the way, as i understand, it changes the nickname to computer name, "only" on old games (old games meaning: games before the patch). And It changes between computer name, and steam name randomly.

Guys, wait for mine and Earthstrike's mod coming this fall. Its going to far outweigh anything Firaxis can do in order to balanced the game for multiplayer.

Also, still no osx patch after 9 days. What a disgrace Firaxis and Aspyr are.

Top Bottom