Broken version and waiting for BNW

Gilgamesch

Ancient Alien
The last patch is up, i didnt installed it due a game iam running, but it breaks this mod
and we all now BNW will break this Mod anyway.

Like our longtime lightbringer firesforever said "Not much longer until BNW release, then back to fixing everything in CCTP its gonna break "

I would like to help in fixing problems before we are going to add new features like electricity and stone age.

Also the first goal should be a version for BNW.
But for this we need all of the great creaters back chrome, fires, horem, you guys rock this mod and this mod would not work if you all where there (in honor d:)

So let us use this thread to discuss, if there will be any version for CCTP without BNW and what are the next stepps.
Lets start a new discussion about what we wannt for the next Expansion, and what we are missing.
The more ideas we get the more this mod can become the best version ever existed, for any civ outthere.

Well I am still about :D . Waiting for BNW. Still willing to help with the mod, as and when is limited due to work.

Yea you are:D
I hope we europeans will get BNW not so late.
Also Chrome you should update the steamworkshop site, its not cool to give a lot of people a broken version.
Anyway i have a lot of code that i will share with all of you....

I think that the Ideology system should be incorporated into the government types you guys have set up for the game Monarchy/Republic/Theocracy/Democracy/Fascism/Communism/Corptocracy/Technocracy/Ecotopia/Virtual Democracy is much more dynamic than Freedom/Order/Autocracy

Also, it would be nice if Theocracy and Republic were dropped down to ancient era so that Monarchy isn't the sole government type in the beginning of the game

1. My version did not crash when the patch came out, so I keep playing.

2. Just got BNW. Loaded CTP. Got one error message something about single player mode. The load skipped several of the normal CTP loading screens about map selection.
Other them than a new game loaded normally, CTP resources on the map fine. There are text / localization errors for most of the CTP resources and techs.
But other then that I am playing CTP w/BNW, about 20 turns complete.
So I am assuming that CTP only needs minor adjustments to work OK.
Getting it to take advantage of the BNW features will probably take more work.

The social page does not open (BNW,CTP). I tried with just BNW and it works, so that is one major place CTP does not work. But no actual crashs.

Still have to wait till BNW will arrive in europe:suicide:

Thanks; I hope for a new version of CCtP. I put my proposed expansion on hiatus due to RL issues, and I think that Brave New World will provide a good platform for creating it with the new ideology system.

Juuhuuu i got my version, also i managed to get massiv free time this weekend.
So first i will look into it and then i will going to fix some work.....

Ok its very promising what have changed. After some hours i managed my stuff to a working mod again. Last implented electricity, updated for the new buildings.
Due iam not sure that i have the newest version of CCTP (buildings and tech), i will wait till someone leaks me to it:=), and play with CCTP again.
Like i said i have some free time, also iam glad doing my things, but i realy like to help here.....
Anyway now iam going for my first game as france, at least they added a new prerequest for buildings (policy), so lua is now not always needed to make cool things....

Well BNW is pretty fine :) . I have a recent copy of the mod(1 month old), and will be tinkering it for BNW in my free time while we wait for the others to appear.

Well BNW is pretty fine :) . I have a recent copy of the mod(1 month old), and will be tinkering it for BNW in my free time while we wait for the others to appear.

Yeah its fine. new mechanics and some rework here and there. Maybe we have the same version. but you and chrome searched for help/ created some threads, was there any progress:)?
I guess with BNW it will come different.
On another side, if you like i can send you the changes for electricity i have done so far, i send chrome a first version time ago, but iam not sure if he looked over it.

Yeah its fine. new mechanics and some rework here and there. Maybe we have the same version. but you and chrome searched for help/ created some threads, was there any progress:)?
I guess with BNW it will come different.
On another side, if you like i can send you the changes for electricity i have done so far, i send chrome a first version time ago, but iam not sure if he looked over it.

Great to see that good work is being done. Are we in contact with chrome-rome still? Any attempts to communicate with Decimatus?

dieing to see the CCTP's working version of bnw ! :D

Feel the same:cry:
But i make progress with electricty all shows up correctly in game and the ai will trade it only if future techs are discovered. This helps to avoid huge electricity due city states allies. Also only a few changes to buildings are needed to make it compatible.
The big problem is the techtree and the policy tree (not to mention the complete mapsystem), i iam to dumb to help with this....
Since barbarians are stronger, i also reworked the barbarianplus mod for CCTP, strangly it never fond a way into CCTP, i guess it was lost due other problems.
Ok still modding, but now i realy will start my first game (i only reached turn 35).

The more I play BNW the more I feel we may well end up rebuilding CCTP bit by bit to fit the new features/systems of BNW.

Good news i installed my last version of CCTP, moved policies to unused and checked what was broken. So after some work i managed to find nearly all errors. All buildings and units are avaible, i added to the techfiles the new missing column "worldcongress".
Long story all you need is to replace some files.
Here is the quick fix, note no new features, no electricy and no CCTP policies.
If you find any errors let me know,
P.S. my latest version is from april.

Edit... looks like the worldcongress is still not activated, will look into it.
Edit2 ok my mistake, woldcongress is also full working. New Version attached.

Attachments

• CCTP_BNW2.rar
    124.7 KB · Views: 86
There is a bit more that just one function needs adding to the tech tables, 7 or 8 off the top of my head, since we drop the whole table and recreate it.

There is a bit more that just one function needs adding to the tech tables, 7 or 8 off the top of my head, since we drop the whole table and recreate it.

Right, but there was only one error in the database, i replaced maptrading with wordcongress, i know a dirty fix but now i have no errors in the database and it works.

Top Bottom