Brrr... Welcome to Cold Harbor!

RegentMan

Deity
The Official Welcome of Cold Harbor!

Hello visitors! I am mayor RegentMan. May I be the first to welcome you to our lovely village of Cold Harbor. Stay awhile, have some hot chocolate, go play in the snow; whatever you do to have fun!
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you'll find some real estate you like! :D

The Official Business of Cold Harbor

~Cold Harbor Residents:
RegentMan (Mayor)
Waterz
Perfection

If I forgot you, please PM me and I'll add you in a jiffy!

~Current laws in effect in Cold Harbor:
Worker Act of 1495: Passed with a 5-1 majority in 1495 AD, it outlines Cold Harbor's future as a worker farm. Also are plans to build a granary and any other building which will help with the plan.

~Changes (as of 1772 AD)
*Cold Harbor does not need a harbor! This city will never make more than 1spt (unless we get an offshore platform, which we probably won't. Even then, Cold Harbor might get only two spt). Plus, why do you want another size twelve city that will riot everytime we lose a luxury? The commerce per turn won't ever get above two. If you read the "Current laws in effect in Cold Harbor" above, you'll see that this city is a worker factory, and will remain one until the end of the game. Every ten turns, a new worker is popped out. It takes nearly just as long to grow. Thus we get a perfect harmony of worker/grow/worker/grow/etc.. We're not in danger of losing this city's trade route via road pillagings, so we don't need a backup trade route. I, as mayor of Cold Harbor, humbly reject the current build of a harbor and want to bring back the queue that's been posted here above. Next time you wish to change Cold Harbor's queue, please notify me (PM, this thread, etc.) first.

*Because of this harbor, I want to change production. I suggest either walls (loss of eight shields) or a worker (loss of eight shields). I would prefer the former, which would give us a defense boost, as we'll never get to size seven. After this, the old queue will be back into effect.

*Place the entertainer back onto the coast (Unless this city is going to riot next turn (which I don't see how it could)). It wouldn't be prudent at the moment to have a worker farm starving, don't you agree? ;)

~Build Queue (as of 1772AD):
1. Change: Harbor to Walls
2. Worker
3. Worker

And a picture of my (err... our ;) ) lovely iceball:

~If you have any suggestions, please post them below or PM Mayor RegentMan.

The Official History of Cold Harbor
830 AD- Cold Harbor founded
1200 AD- Temple completed
1400 AD- RegentMan becomes mayor of Cold Harbor
1495 AD- Library built
1495 AD- The providence and Mayor RegentMan agree Cold Harbor shall be a worker factory. It is presented to the Cold Harbor Reichstag as the "Worker Act of 1495." It passes with a 5-1 majority.
1555 AD- The Granary is built in compliance with the Worker Act of 1495
1590 AD- Upon completion of the Hoover Dam, Cold Harbor has been outfitted with a genuine hydro plant. It is mainly for show, however, as there is no factory to power it.
1675 AD- The cathedral which was rushed was completed. Visit the beautiful stained-glass windows!

hmm... reminds me of DG1 style RPG..... sounds good...

I live in the neighboring town of Malvern Hill, at the Shrine of the Almighty Bootstoots. So, remember, if you want to become a Bootist (not to be confused with Buddhist) and worship the Almighty Bootstoots, make sure to take a pilgrimage to my temple at Malvern Hill. :D

to make a screen shot- when you are at where you want to make a screenshot, say, the city view, you press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. then you open MSPaint or some other picture editing program, and go Edit--> Paste. Viola, there is your picture. Then all you have to do is some cutting out of the useless parts (if you want) then saving, and attaching it to the forums.

Originally posted by Bacon King
Then all you have to do is some cutting out of the useless parts (if you want) then saving, and attaching it to the forums.
I've already made the screenshot. But it says "the file you're trying to post is too big. The max size is blah blah blah." It's in a paint program. I saved it as a .gif file. How do you guys post your screenies?

you can use the upload file, located at the bottom of this page (and most other forum pages too)

Once you have uploaded it, look in the upload files, get the link, and show it in your post using IMG tags.

Originally posted by Bacon King
you can use the upload file, located at the bottom of this page (and most other forum pages too) Once you have uploaded it, look in the upload files, get the link, and show it in your post using IMG tags.
Thanks Bacon King :D ! It worked great!

Because we have an ample amount of money (as ravensfire has pointed out many times ;) ), and are fighting Aztec culture, I suggest we place another cultural building in Cold Harbor. However, we have three choices. Following are the stats:

1) Colosseum: 2 :) 2 culture $472

2) Cathedral: 3 :) 3 culture $632

3) University: +50% science 4 culture $792

I'm leaning towards the Cathedral. A coloseum doesn't give a lot of culture, while a university's science bonus does jack diddily for our 1spt/1cpt, but it has the most culture. However, we'd have to dish out the $$$. I vote cathedral. What are your thoughts?

I think you are right, the Catherdral is probably the most cost effective.

avoid the coloseum as its maitnence is equally high as the other's and it's not so great. Cathedral is probably the best considering corruption is so bad here (I blame your administration regentman ;)) a universtity probably wont help much.

Originally posted by Perfection
May I modify the queue as governer, I would like to do some cultural upgrades? Cathedral is not enough!
If you feel it's necessary. You have the choice of either a colosseum and/or a university. They'll need to be rushed though.

Changes (1772AD)

Cold Harbor does not need a harbor! This city will never make more than 1spt (unless we get an offshore platform, which we probably won't. Even then, Cold Harbor might get only two spt). Plus, why do you want another size twelve city that will riot everytime we lose a luxury? The commerce per turn won't ever get above two. If you read the "Current laws in effect in Cold Harbor" above, you'll see that this city is a worker factory, and will remain one until the end of the game. Every ten turns, a new worker is popped out. It takes nearly just as long to grow. Thus we get a perfect harmony of worker/grow/worker/grow/etc.. We're not in danger of losing this city's trade route via road pillagings, so we don't need a backup trade route. I, as mayor of Cold Harbor, humbly reject the current build of a harbor and want to bring back the queue that's been posted here above. Next time you wish to change Cold Harbor's queue, please notify me (PM, this thread, etc.) first.

Because of this harbor, I want to change production. I suggest either walls (loss of eight shields) or a worker (loss of eight shields). I would prefer the former, which would give us a defense boost, as we'll never get to size seven. After this, the old queue will be back into effect.

Place the entertainer back onto the coast (Unless this city is going to riot next turn (which I don't see how it could)). It wouldn't be prudent at the moment to have a worker farm starving, don't you agree? ;)

Top Bottom