1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS 3.13] Philippine Civ (MODULAR)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Kao'chai, Oct 12, 2008.

1. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

So are you saying I should do away with this UU then?

2. achilleszero

achilleszero Emperor

From his description and from what Ive read on them, you probably should. The model you made could be used as a Moro warrior. It would just need maybe a little bit more tribal and malay look. Maybe some bamboo armor or shield to go with the gun ( I know it sounds crazy). That would be a pretty cool UU for the philipines.

3. Danukian

Danukian Chieftain

Katipunero are partisans/guerrilla fighters, even though the word means “Society” or “Association”, as they formed from community groups; against both the Spanish and Americans, Katipunero were Riflemen with bonuses like Drill I, City Protection I or First Strike, against the Japanese in WWII, the Katipunan would replace Marines with Woodsmen I&II and an Extra First strike – these are especially well suited as UU since at least 7 Filipino resistance flags had the ‘K for Katipunero’

4. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

So now I should keep the Katipunero as the UU? :crazyeye:

5. Jeffrodriguez

Jeffrodriguez Chieftain

Guys is this mod updated now?
    can you create another leader that's Spiritualistic like Cory Aquino coz i believed that she is always influenced by cardinal sin lol.

anyway when was this mod last updated

6. jusray91

jusray91 Chieftain

i really think the UU should be either the vinta or balangay because as a WHOLE, the archipelago was a sea going civilization. katipuneros can really only represent the revolutionaries in the northern islands.

7. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

While that is true, I find that people usual prefer to have ground units as the UUs rather than naval units, as they are a bit more effective. But hey, it isn't my mod. I would like to make one suggestion though; I'm not sure if this mod uses a flavored set but I think Bakuel's ancient Vietnamese units could work pretty well as ancient Filipino units, I also think he mentioned that he made them relatively generic to that culture/region anyway so it should work out pretty well.

8. Danukian

Danukian Chieftain

Well, the balangay might be a good idea, with the replica just launched from Pasay on June 28 to retrace ancient migration - it could make an ancient Caravel, it wasn't used to carry military troops.

The vinta is a fishing boat found traditionally only in southern islands, particularly Mindanao. They look very nice - and Kao'chi did a great job, particularly on the sail, but it it just a one man out-rigger fishing boat found only in the south, so I don't really think it is a good choice for a UU, though I would like to see Filipino Fishing Boats reskinned as vintas.

Katipunero may be a Tagalog word, but once learned, it was used by Spanish, American and Japanese to describe guerrillas - not to mention it appeared on several national flags. More game relevant, the katipunero were very effective guerrillas, where as despite being a large and widespread archipelago, the PI has never won a major naval battle against a foreign power (as opposed to inter-island tribal warfare).

9. vMcErix

vMcErix Chieftain

wow.. very good job.. I cant wait for the updates.. specially the next UU for the Philippine civilization.. but I really do preffer having Katipunero as our UU since it really made a big difference during war times..

CHEERS to that and to those who made this possible!

10. ashley26ph2003

ashley26ph2003 Prince

hi

How about Edsa People Power Scenarios?

11. ChihuahuaKing

ChihuahuaKing Chieftain

12. ashley26ph2003

ashley26ph2003 Prince

hi any Spanish American War Scenario now?

13. ILLokano

ILLokano Chieftain

So if the UU is overpowered I go to python to tweak it? Maybe take up the recommendation that the Vinta should be able to traverse sea tiles as well...but the Katipunero is good too