[BTS] Fictionalization IV

Hey, will the next version have more than 18 civs enabled in the DLL?

I think good choices for new leaders, though, could be...

Jean-Luc Picard of France (we have Khan already, so I think he could go there, besides, he's already been requested)
Kuzco of the Inca (from the Emperor's New Groove)
Hamlet of the Vikings
Nicolae Carpathia of Transylvania (from the Left Behind Books)

If we were to add new civs that are popular, we could have:

Stephen Abootman of Canada (from South Park)
David or Solomon of Israel
Sigismund of Poland (from Pedro Calderón de la Barca La vida es sueño)

I think good choices for new leaders, though, could be...

Jean-Luc Picard of France (we have Khan already, so I think he could go there, besides, he's already been requested)
Kuzco of the Inca (from the Emperor's New Groove)
Hamlet of the Vikings
Nicolae Carpathia of Transylvania (from the Left Behind Books)

If we were to add new civs that are popular, we could have:

Stephen Abootman of Canada (from South Park)
David or Solomon of Israel
Sigismund of Poland (from Pedro Calderón de la Barca La vida es sueño)

Some nice ideas, but some won't work out too well with what we have. Picard's a bit too far ahead in the future for our purposes (The mod's timeline only really extends to about 2100. Khan gets in because he was a dictator from the 1990s before freezing himself and waking up in Kirk's time.). That said, I want a Picard Leaderhead anyway. Carpathia probably won't be used, since cfkane said once (he can correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly) that he didn't want to use Left Behind. Hamlet sounds awesome, though, and we've already mentioned Kuzco in our re-vamped Civilopedia, so even if he isn't playable, he is at least canon for the mod's universe.

As for further civs, cfkane said he wasn't planning on adding more, but there's always room for modmods! After he releases the final version of the mod, I'm planning on hunting down a modder that can make a modmod for Polynesia with Jacob from Lost as a leader.

Fictionalization beta 6.0 is released!

Changes:

Superheroes - late game Hero units that are unique to each civ. For example, America can build Superman, Japan can build Goku, and Greece can build Kratos.
Added Hero (Armor) class
Added missing artwork for Templar Fortress
Added missing Louis leaderhead
Added The Snow Queen, Howling Coyote, Liu Bei as leaders
Replaced artwork for Ivan, Jack Ryan
Added UnitClass Hero (Heavy)
Atlantean Mersolider has Hidden Nationality
Bodhisattva now Buddhist UU, Shaolin Monk now Shambhalese LU
Carpet Rider changed from Hero (Hovering) to Hero (Recon)
Fixed Anubite pedia problem
Fixed bug where Barbarians build Legendary Units
Fixed bug where Pandava and Miles Gloriosus could not be built
Hogwarts now adds all religions to its host city.
New art for Mecha
New music for Jack Ryan by cybrxkhan
removed Enkidu
Sherlock and Fu Manchu now Hero (Spy)
SMERSH Agents now start with Respawn 2
Wrote new concept pedia entries
Wrote strategy for Legendary Units
New pedia entries by myself, Dibukk and johnny139

Downloaded v6 the other day and really enjoying it :)
Having a really close and fun game on Monarch difficulty, just starting a space race while at war with a guy barely ahead on tech.

Love all the extra special units, and the fact it makes all the religions different in some way.

The only thing that kind of stuck out to me so far as a bit unbalanced was the Thunderbird unique unit, which seems a bit overpowered for being available so early.
I felt near invincible once I got my hands on a few of them early on.
I wonder if there should be a limit of 2 or 3 instead of 5, or make them have less power?
It proves how powerful they are as they are still very useful as late as when people are using bombers / tanks / infantry.

I have a minor suggestion - how about adding a new promotion for 'Heroic' instead of 'Combat I'? I suggest this primarily because it downplays the Aggressive trait and because we have a leader (Beowulf) who has both traits and, as such, doesn't get any real advantage from Aggressive as everything but Clones also get Combat I from Heroic.

Uhmmm, I thought I'd just mention that for a WWII inference, you could stand to mention Captain America for one reality and mention him as a comic book hero for another. The same goes for Nick Fury. I'm not trolling. I'm just saying a few new ideas you could use. I know this is a conglomeration of several popular culture icons, I'm not a fanboy, so don't badmouth me on this, but can you try mentioning Eddie Rickenbacker: the WWI Ace of the 94 Aero Squadron? I know he doesn't hold any political power but try to mention him and several WWI/WWII aces. One more thing, The Crisises on Infinite Earths thing eliminating the Super Heroes...Good choice but that just really had to do with a Super Boy going bad, not a whole crisis that kills off every hero. I'm not ranting. Anyway, I like this story, and keep up the good work.

Maybe we should just leave Superboy-Prime out. We already have Superman, we don't need a whinny clone.

Uhmmm, I thought I'd just mention that for a WWII inference, you could stand to mention Captain America for one reality and mention him as a comic book hero for another. The same goes for Nick Fury. I'm not trolling. I'm just saying a few new ideas you could use. I know this is a conglomeration of several popular culture icons, I'm not a fanboy, so don't badmouth me on this, but can you try mentioning Eddie Rickenbacker: the WWI Ace of the 94 Aero Squadron? I know he doesn't hold any political power but try to mention him and several WWI/WWII aces. One more thing, The Crisises on Infinite Earths thing eliminating the Super Heroes...Good choice but that just really had to do with a Super Boy going bad, not a whole crisis that kills off every hero. I'm not ranting. Anyway, I like this story, and keep up the good work.

Well, Nick Fury is one of the Great Spies, and G-8 from the pulps is, at the moment, a good stand-in for the flying ace archetype IMO. I had long considered working in a Captain America unit, I couldn't figure out how to make it balanced within the rest of the modern age with the other Superhero units.

And I think you're confusing the Crisis on Infinite Earths with Infinite Crisis. The latter was indeed caused by Superboy Prime, but the former was caused by the release of the Anti-Monitor. But anyway, this world is not meant to be either the main Marvel or DC universe, it's its own thing. Think of it as an Elseworlds, or alternatively, a What If?...

The death of the superheroes story actually comes from Mark Millar's Wanted, where the supervillains band together and wipe the superheroes from existence in 1986. Hopefully the timeline in the main Fictionalization forum should clear up any questions.

Thanks. I see that Nick Fury does fit. Hmm, Maybe the Captain America project can be quest in the morden era. The Super Soldier formula would be created when the unit slowly comes together under Steve Rogers and the "first" Cap; the African American Captain America. The Super Soldier formula nearly gets stolen by a Nazi spy, then Steve and the first Cap try to stop him. the formula's creator gets shot. during the confusion, Steve gets the formula spilled onto him, resulting in his super heroesque physique. The first Cap is somehow lost in the debacle, resulting in Cap inheriting the shield. The Capt. America unit is disillusioned, but Steve dons HIS Cap costume and rallies the team together. They go through the War in the Pacific and the War in the East, simultaneously Cap teams upon with various heroes from the Marvel and DC Golden Ages and soon-to-be WWII heroes during the War. Well, and the rest is history...err...Captain America history that is. I've got a TON of ideas. I hope you can try these out.

well..... forgetting that. i was playing as big brother on a terra map. and then when i whan a diplomatic victory the game crashed

LOVE the fact that Mr. Daniel Howling Coyote is included in the game!

How awesome was Shadowrun? Seriously.

Keep up the great work!

- Toko.

I'm downloading this mod now. Any mods or patches needed besides the ones listed in Post #1?

THX!

I am having trouble running the mod I put it into the Mods folder and all and the exe is directed to the wrong area so I changed it to be directed to the proper area and it gives me "Mods\Fictionalization beta\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring" What do I do to fix this?

Very cool mod. I like being able to build Bedrock. :lol:

So far this is my favorite mod.

Top Bottom