BTS Heroes (Wonder Units)

so
Code:
<iMaxGlobalInstances>1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
is enough to make them un-rebuildable?

I've thought that means that there can only be 1, but you can always rebuild - like iMaxPlayerInstances or iMaxTeamInstances.

Or am I missing something?

And what do I need to build Spartacus? Nothing is shown at civilopedia but I cannot build him ingame.

Technically you cannot build Spartacus.

Right now I have him rigged to be "awarded" to the first civ to build a colosseum while running the slavery civic.

If this doesn't make sense it shouldn't, the whole setup was more of a test to see the limitations of what could be done, and in future versions I will be taking him out, or at the very least, transfuring him to the barbarians. I.e., he will Spawn randomly once certain specifications have been met to fight against a civ that has Slavery, Colosseums, etc...

And yes, as it has been mentioned, they can only be built once per game. After that, if they are killed, thats it.

Hey Edgecrusher any chance you'd be willing to make an expanded Legends Mod mod for Legends of Revolution? I seems like alot of users want more legends, but I don't want to add any to the base. LoR has it's own subforum now, if that moves you at all: Legends of Revolution Forum

I haven't gone thru all the threads, but i keep getting a python error when Spartacus wins and "gets a Gladiator."

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 25, in onEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 143, in handleEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 154, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 902, in onCombatResult

Code:
newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(iGladiator, pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_NORTH)
				pLoser.setDamage(75, False)
				newUnit.convert(pLoser)
				pLoser.setDamage(100, False)
				newUnit.finishMoves()

iXa = pLoser.getX()
				iYa = pLoser.getY()

[B]CyInterface().addMessage(pPID,false,15,CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_SPARTACUS_CAPTURE_SUCCESS",()),'',0,',Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/ICBM.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Warlords_Atlas_1.dds,3,11',ColorTypes(44), iXa, iYa, True,True)[/B]

## BTS HEROS - Spartacus Capture End ##

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pPID' referenced before assignment
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

Isn't it possible to give a Hero unit to a specific civilization via a technology?
Maybe in CvEventManager.py the function 'onTechAcquired' can be used.

Example for Germany:

Let's say Germany acquires/researches Physics then via Python give them the Red Baron.

This could also be done for other civs and their units. Only XML-work left to do (adding art, units and text).
I think if this is possible it's an easy way to add Heroes for each civilization :)

Defenitely something for the Python-Heroes of the CFC-forum ;)

sure it's possible. you don't even need any python then.

give technology_X to germany as starting tech (without any benefits) and make the hero require that technology. make the technology not researchable (by xml). done.

name for the tech could be simple "German Heroes".

sure it's possible. you don't even need any python then.

give technology_X to germany as starting tech (without any benefits) and make the hero require that technology. make the technology not researchable (by xml). done.

name for the tech could be simple "German Heroes".

Wouldn't that mess up the techtree?? And these units shouldn't be available at the start of the game.

For the 2nd: Just make the unit require THAT technology AND one or more later ones.

For the 1st: Depending on your civ number. You can move all of those technologies below the regular tech tree for example.

For the 2nd: Just make the unit require THAT technology AND one or more later ones.

For the 1st: Depending on your civ number. You can move all of those technologies below the regular tech tree for example.

Now I understand :p
It requires a 'civilization-specific-tech' like German Technology, American Technology etc. Could put them in a row down the regular techtree.

Code:
<FirstFreeUnitClass>UNITCLASS_YOUR_HERO</FirstFreeUnitClass>

works the same like "you will get a great artist when recovering music first".

wait... this won't work. then anybody could get the hero without knowledge of german_tech for example.

instant spawn should be done by python then.

or you hero has to be being built.

Code:
<FirstFreeUnitClass>UNITCLASS_YOUR_HERO</FirstFreeUnitClass>

works the same like "you will get a great artist when recovering music first".

Well, take the Red Baron example. What if another civ researches Physics first? Germany wouldn't get the Red Baron, but the civ that researches Physics first or that civ wouldn't get a unit at all :confused:
Maybe the game crashes :p

EDIT: we had same thoughts :)

I don't think this is possible in XML only :(

For Germany in Python it would probably look something like this:

tech acquired?
1A. no --> do nothing
1B. yes --> by Germany?

2A. no --> do nothing
2B. yes --> Physics?

3A. no --> do nothing
3B. yes --> give a Red Baron to Germany

Top Bottom