BTS ideas, possible unique buildings

Craig_Sutter

Deity
Just throwing out a few ideas in anticipation of Beyond the Sword. I've not really thought of the characteristics of each... just throwing out some names.

Irish Monastery... replaces Alchemist, no particular religious requirement.

Saxon Burgh... replaces Town Square.

Norman Castle

Legion Fort... for Romans, replaces wooden walls.

Byzantine Theme... replaces Court

Ribat... Moors? Replaces Town Square.

Caravanserai... Arabs? Replaces market

Italian Bank... seems a natural

Papal States... something to do with Inquisition, perhaps. or Canonical Court to replace Court.

Of course, Beyond the Sword also has some of its own, we can use such as the Viking and Mongol UBs, and perhaps the Celt for the Scots.

Mmmm...corporations anyone???

I'm thinking hanseatic league, peruzzi company, medici/fugger banks, you would have to be creative about the middle east because I can't think of any really.

Head Serf, What are your plans concerning BtS?

There is an extremely beautiful St. Peter's building graphic in BtS that shouldn't have to be explained how it would fit into this mod. Plus there are some lovely units, like the cataphract and lots of medieval units from the charlemagne scenario. :)

Mmmm...corporations anyone???

I'm thinking hanseatic league, peruzzi company, medici/fugger banks, you would have to be creative about the middle east because I can't think of any really.
Those would be too specific. I was thinking maybe generic guilds like a merchant's guild or an espionage guild, etc.

UB for Armenia= Darpnots (replaces forge)

Byzantine Theme... replaces Court

Ribat... Moors? Replaces Town Square.

Caravanserai... Arabs? Replaces market

Papal States... something to do with Inquisition, perhaps. or Canonical Court to replace Court.

Theme: they were political divisions so using them as ubs is going to far, what about the hippodrome? There is a graphic for it because it is the byzantine ub. Of course the onlyhippodrome I have ever heard of was in constantinople...

Ribat...never heard of it...the only ribats I heard of were caravanserais. What about a medina, they were city squares or really a defense for north african cities which consisted of narrow winding streets that were supposed to deter invaders. Many people have heard of the Casbah...

For the caravanserai, every islamic civ used caravanserais, so whether you want to use that or not is up to you, an alternative could be the bimaristan or maybe a mausoleum.

For papal states, what about the basilica?

I am starting work on a medieval mod for BTS. It wont be out for a while and it wont be much like EMA. For an example of what it will be like, check out my Byzantium mod in my sig.

Would love to see this Mod for BTS... Enjoy this much more than the normal games.

Has the author stopped developing this Mod?

Unfortunatly, yes. Head Serf, Craig Sutter, and Drtad sort of disapeared last year. Once Merged Mod comes out for 3.17, I will be started working mon my medieval mod. It is more of a scenario than a modpack. If you are interested, you can visit the thread in my sig. That version is warlords only but will give an idea of what the BTS version will be like.

I’ve come up with a new idea: Belief, it works almost like Influence, but it’s with religion instead. I’m not done thinking everything through yet, but I’ll give you the basic idea.

The idea is that each city influences the surrounding cities with its religion, the one with the most Belief converts the other cities (just like Influential takeover of cities (don’t know how the mechanism works, but guess it should be similar, maybe just a little faster)).

Each city has its own belief-bar, almost like the population-bar, telling in % how strong each religion is in that city. The strongest religion is the one being worshipped in the entire town. It’s that religion’s buildings that are allowed being build. Some buildings and units give Belief, for example all the church-like buildings give +2 Belief, cathedrals could give +3(4?) and the religious wonders could give +6(7? 8?9?10?). We would have to make a new unit: The Priest, he gives +1 Belief and can be stacked in the cities you find most useful, but since he is a National Unit only 5 (maybe 10) are allow at the same time. So it’s about placing them the right places, in order to spread your religion to your enemies’ cities (or your own).

You then have to focus on keeping your opponents religions at bay. If one of your cities is converted you should be working on 1) getting it back soon, 2) avoid further spread into your land.

In the beginning of a game you choose a religion just like normally, and you work on the spread of that. But if a city has another religion than the state (it could have gotten that from your neighbor) it gets a negative bonus (maybe unhappiness), just like there is a bonus for having the state religion in a city.

Of course the None State Religions spread civics would have to be changed in order for this to work properly. The normal religion spread should be stopped to make this idea work better. The Missionaries should also not be allow anymore (just change them in to priests.)

Religion can’t be changed in a city until after 10 turns (enough?) after the last change.

Should buildings from another religion in a city that has converted, be converted into the new religion? Or be razed? Or maybe just go inactive till their religion is back?

What do you think? Is it a good idea? Is it at all possible to do? Who’ll do it?

To add another bar to a city requires SDK changes. Head Serf wanted to keep this a XML or limited python only mod.

Top Bottom