[BtS] Merged Mod

I'm sure it's the same problem. :) It's a little tricky, as I didn't run into this issue at all during testing. I won't really have time to correct this error, but I suppose I could undo the change that Xeno is referring to, but that will bring back the multiple "Can spot subs" texts.

Hi Ninja,
Im hoping you are still working on this mod as I like it very much :)
Unfortunately it is not playable on Windows 7 and I just wanted to point out all problems I have encountered throughout the last weeks.

I am lucky to have two powerful computers in my home right now, so I was able to test your mod on two different systems.
I have to point out, that I have installed the very same CIV and Merged mod version on both computers! There are NO differences.

I am running Windows XP on my smaller computer and your mod is running fine there. Absolutely no problems, neither with the Pedia nor did I have any CTDs (apart from memory problems with bigger maps). Everything is running fine.

On my new powerful computer I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Usually there are problems with older games, but I did manage to get every game running, apart from your mod now!

Here are the errors, I have detected while gaming on my new comp:

Error1
Starting the game, I get the error message "BugInit - init 'Attitude Util' failed".
See screenshot error1.jpg

Error2
My WorldBuilder is broken, I am not able to edit anything. I am starting the builder with three blue windows, which are mostly empty. Most of the little pictures are missing.
See screenshot error2.jpg

Error3
On returning from the WorldBuilder to the main screen, the WB menu stays on the top. As if the two screens have merged somehow. Access to the main menu now only with ESC button. The WB menu disappeares only after a reload.
See screenshot error3.jpg

Error4
My newest game was very cool, but then I researched 'rocketry' and it went to hell. I noticed some other weird display errors, that may be explained by error6.
-The turn after researching rocketry- I could not access any of my costal cities any more.
The city screen goes up, but no buttons are working in the city screen now.
Also many of the tables are missing. The build list is cut in half somewhere (and I think it stops right before the submarines....).

Now I get CTDs on start of turn every time, one of these costal cities finishes a production, no matter what it is.
However, it still ispossible to change the current building order by accessing with 'shift+left mouse' on the city tile -> Change Production. So I could test production orders, etc.

I had no problem, when production was going on with more than 1 turn or when I researched something other than rocketry.

So I concluded, that something must have been triggered by rocketry! (I think something with the submarines, see error6)

See screenshot error4.jpg for the defective city screen. No buttons can be pressed. Many buttons are missing. The production list stops right before the submarines!?

Error5
Well known: Civilopedia is broken in the Units roster
See screenshot error5.jpg

Error6
And then I came to the idea to check if there were some errors visible within the rocketry entry in Civilopedia. So I opened it and found out, that the game will get a CTD EVERY time, when I am hoovering my mouse over the picture of "Attack Submarine" and sometimes over the picture of "Boomer Submarine"!
All of this is very annoying.
See screenshot error6.jpg

Error7 (7+XP)
The picture of 'Recon' is missing
See screenshot error7.jpg

Also, in some cities I have built more than 2 World Wonders. Thats an error?

So I could not check for further error, as my game CTDs no and there is no workaround....

Please look into the problems, I do not want to play without Windows 7 and Merged Mod any more ;)

Please also keep in mind, that I have tried every possible variation with handling the bts.exe. For example administrator mode, xp, vista modes, design deactivating, ... nothing changed!

Some error that results from Win 7 interpreting the code differntly than XP?

Thanks for all your hard work untill now!

Greetz
S

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 299
  • error2.jpg
    error2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 275
  • error3.jpg
    error3.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 271
  • error4.jpg
    error4.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 283
  • error5.jpg
    error5.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 278
  • error6.jpg
    error6.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 288
  • error7.jpg
    error7.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 286
I also have Win 7 64 bit. Have almost all problems mentioned above. Apart from CTD. Also, I've had problems with Research screen (it displays only names of knowledge, no any links between them. Nothing is selectable). I've had same problem on XP. But this time this problem were gone by itself. I've had it on some turn, after couple of turns I had normal Research screen.
All other problems mentioned above remain intact. But I haven't researched Rocketry yet :)

I didn't want to write about it since Civ 5 is coming this autumn. I have no illusions about it, since as usual Civ 5 will become playable about a year after initial release. So there is plenty of time to play good old Civ 4 with Merged Mod :)

Sunlight, DC0:

Sorry you guys are having problems. My own system is also a Win7 64bit, and I don't have any of the problems you are experiencing. I have run several test games, as I usually do, on autoplay, before releasing this. Maybe it is a corrupted upload or zip, I will try and get a new one up this week. I'll post again in this thread when that's done.

I've tracked this one down... it's the Lead from Behind modcomp that's acting up. It could potentially be the same issue with ships not intercepting. I'll try to fix it asap.

This should be fixed with the latest version of Random Invisibility. This issue was caused because Lead From Behind introduced an additional code segment for calculations regarding air attacks on ground units. The lethal sea bombard code had to be modified to apply to the additional code segment where lead for behind does the relevant calculations.

Error4
My newest game was very cool, but then I researched 'rocketry' and it went to hell. I noticed some other weird display errors, that may be explained by error6.
-The turn after researching rocketry- I could not access any of my costal cities any more.
The city screen goes up, but no buttons are working in the city screen now.
Also many of the tables are missing. The build list is cut in half somewhere (and I think it stops right before the submarines....).

Now I get CTDs on start of turn every time, one of these costal cities finishes a production, no matter what it is.
However, it still ispossible to change the current building order by accessing with 'shift+left mouse' on the city tile -> Change Production. So I could test production orders, etc.

I had no problem, when production was going on with more than 1 turn or when I researched something other than rocketry.

So I concluded, that something must have been triggered by rocketry! (I think something with the submarines, see error6)

See screenshot error4.jpg for the defective city screen. No buttons can be pressed. Many buttons are missing. The production list stops right before the submarines!?

Error5
Well known: Civilopedia is broken in the Units roster
See screenshot error5.jpg

Error6
And then I came to the idea to check if there were some errors visible within the rocketry entry in Civilopedia. So I opened it and found out, that the game will get a CTD EVERY time, when I am hoovering my mouse over the picture of "Attack Submarine" and sometimes over the picture of "Boomer Submarine"!
All of this is very annoying.
See screenshot error6.jpg

I suspect those crashes were caused by Ninja's fix for the multiple "Can See Submarine" entries in the Civilopedia. The crashes may have been caused by the fact that Ninja's code was using the iI variable without giving it an initial value (he commented out the BTS code where an initial value is assigned). As a result, the code was likely using the last value assigned to a variable named iI that was floating around. In some cases this value may have been an invalid value (such as a negative number or a really high number), which would cause a crash. The crashes caused by this code would be random and unpredictable because they would depend on the last value assigned to the iI variable.

I have my own fix for the multiple "Can See Submarines" entries in the newest Random Invisibility mod. During my experimentation I had some failed attempts where the game would crash as soon as I highlighted any submarine icon. So these crashes might be fixed once Ninja incorporates the latest Random Invisibility into his mod.

Sunlight, DC0:

Sorry you guys are having problems. My own system is also a Win7 64bit, and I don't have any of the problems you are experiencing. I have run several test games, as I usually do, on autoplay, before releasing this. Maybe it is a corrupted upload or zip, I will try and get a new one up this week. I'll post again in this thread when that's done.

The crashes that I suspect are caused by your fix for the multiple "Can See Submarines" entries would not happen in autoplay. These crashes relate to the code for displaying text on-screen and would thus only happen when a human is playing.

Does anyone have a working Makefile for Ninja's source? The one I use (which I think I got from the BUG forum) seems to cause crashes around 2000-1000BC, and I have three files that he doesn't use.
CvTextScreens.cpp
FVariableSystem.inl
interfaceDirtyBits.inl

If anyone wants to take a look at the makefile I use, it's in my attachment.

Attachments

• MergedMod 1.20 Makefile.rar
    5.8 KB · Views: 231
Ah, sorry Xeno, I forgot to reply to your pm. I'm still primarily using CodeBlocks, so I don't need a makefile.

Actually, try out the attached makefile (or use it to compare to yours). I think it works. I'd set up a VS2008 Express environment on a new laptop, but it's always busy so I never use that anymore. CodeBlocks on an old laptop works still. I'd set CodeBlocks up using the old Refar tutorial, but I don't know if that's even available anymore.

Attachments

• Makefile.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 236
Thread necro... download links updated.

If there's interest, I may continue to work on this. Been out of the loop for a good two years, and my compiling setup is wasted, but, I might get into this one again -- if there's enough interest, that is? :)

;)
Thread necro... download links updated.

If there's interest, I may continue to work on this. Been out of the loop for a good two years, and my compiling setup is wasted, but, I might get into this one again -- if there's enough interest, that is? :)

;) lol, really? considering this was one of the 1st mods I played when I saw the mods section, I for one would love to see this updated. Especially since after 2 years, tools and mod support have gotten steadily better.

My apologies for the thread necro, but, I wish to play this mod and the download link appears to be down again on gamefront. Can the mod-maker please fix this? I'd love to add some flavor to the vanilla BTS experience I've had for the last 3 years.

This looks like a great mod! However, as others have already pointed out, the download link is broken. Here's hoping I can try this someday...

Top Bottom