[BtS] Merged Mod

I believe I've found the problem. In CvGameTextMgr.cpp, you commented out some lines in the if (GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getNumSeeInvisibleTypes() > 0) function. Specifically, you made it look like this:
Code:
    if (GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getNumSeeInvisibleTypes() > 0)
	//for (iI = 0; iI < GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getNumSeeInvisibleTypes(); ++iI)
	//{
	//	if (bCivilopediaText || (GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getSeeInvisibleType(iI) != GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getInvisibleType()))
		{
			szBuffer.append(NEWLINE);
			szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_UNIT_SEE_INVISIBLE", GC.getInvisibleInfo((InvisibleTypes) GC.getUnitInfo(eUnit).getSeeInvisibleType(iI)).getTextKeyWide()));
		}
	//}
I'm guessing this was made as a fix for the Random Invisibility mod. Commenting these lines back in fixes the CivaPedia problem.

Has anyone ever tried to run this on a Mac? I followed all the right steps and everything, but every time I load the mod, it gets this far before crashing the program:

Sorry, I have zero Mac experience.

I believe I've found the problem. In CvGameTextMgr.cpp, you commented out some lines ...

This is the most bizarre problem I've ever come across! The code as I've put it (including the commented out section) works - but only occasionally. Meaning, if you start the game up enough times, the pedia will work eventually. However, if I set the Airship to NOT being able to see INVISIBLE_SUBMARINE in the xml, the code works every time!!! So clearly, something is wrong with the Airship, but I can't for the life of me figure out what. In the instances where the pedia works (with the Airship unchanged), the Airship shows "Can see ???".

Xeno, would you please see if you can confirm all of the above, just to convince me that I'm not going crazy? :crazyeye:

If you find that the Pedia is not working, (and this should only happen if you're using the beta version of the dll - 1.11 users should not be affected), you can keep trying to start the game until it works. OR, you can open up \Beyond the Sword\Mods\Merged Mod 1.11\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml and scroll down to this:
Code:
<UnitInfo>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_AIRSHIP</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_AIRSHIP</Type>
			<UniqueNames/>
			<Special>NONE</Special>
			<Capture>NONE</Capture>
			<Combat>UNITCOMBAT_AIR</Combat>
			<Domain>DOMAIN_AIR</Domain>
			<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ATTACK_AIR</DefaultUnitAI>
			<Invisible>NONE</Invisible>
			<SeeInvisible>INVISIBLE_SUBMARINE</SeeInvisible>

Replace the "INVISIBLE_SUBMARINE" with "NONE". This will cause the Airship to not being able to spot Subs, but the Pedia will work every time you start the game.

Xeno, would you please see if you can confirm all of the above, just to convince me that I'm not going crazy? :crazyeye:
Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out why my mod is crashing when an AI tries to finish building something... but this doesn't happen every time the AI finishes building something. Arrg. I wish there was a way to track at what point the game crashes and exactly what part of the code is causing it.

Anybody else getting extremely long turns playing the new version? I'm at Chemistry and regularly experience minute-long turn waits which don't normally come until the end of the game.

Anybody else getting extremely long turns playing the new version? I'm at Chemistry and regularly experience minute-long turn waits which don't normally come until the end of the game.
For me game runs normally. Medium map size, marathon game length. Beyond Chemistry already.

That's weird, I'm playing the earth 18 civs scenario and regular turns are 30 seconds long with some turns (about every other so far today) being a full minute to minute and a half long.

Also playing Ffh2 on marathon with huge map and turns whisk along.

Is 1.10 available for re-download anywhere? I'm researching Fascism on Earth map and my turns are at 2 minutes now.

hello, short question,

is this mod working in multiplayer?
or there are also many OOS errors, like in the big mods?

Short answer from the author: I don't know. I don't have any experience with multiplayer.

STATUS UPDATE: Better BTS AI 1.00 has now been succesfully merged. I have a few more things I want to do before I release, I expect to release the next version next week.

I thought this was kind of funny. I had just taken the chinese city where my Earl Tank is sitting when the Chinese borders collapsed. A few squares below where my infantry unit is on the lower left side of the screen was another Chinese city I'd recently captured that was under siege by a stack of units. When the borders collapsed the Chinese didn't have open borders with the Arabs so it forced their units to pop back.... straight into the city I had captured and was occupying!

Where you always not able to bombard the enemy with artillery if they were on another country's territory? This goes for land and naval bombardment as well.

Looking forward to the next release; I play Merged Mod exclusively when I play Civ, I literally don't play any other mod or vanilla.

NEW RELEASE!!!

Check the first post, this is kind of a big one, so I hope you enjoy it. :king:

Modders: This I have released the source beforehand, it is available via the link at the bottom of post #1.

I'll be on vacation for the next week, so you may not get any quick replies to anything. :p

Just curious about this sevopedia problem. From these posts, the problem was pinned down to the Airship being able to see subs. However, I just downloaded the new version this morning and noticed this problem as soon as I started. I went to check the airship and found it's ability to see subs has already been commented out, but the pedia still isn't working for me. It's not a huge problem, but it would be nice to have this working.

Looking forward to trying the new version out tonight. Glad to see the accuracy and random damage aspects added, and really glad to see the critical hit chance added.

[EDIT] I just noticed a bit of a problem. As I mentioned, the pedia is not working for me right now. When I view the units section, it only displays the "A" units (those that start with A), and none of those will actually display when I click them. I was browsing the civs section and accidentally moused over the B-52 icon in the American Civ's page and the game crashed. I reloaded and moused over it again to confirm is caused the problem, and it did. Next, I loaded the game and moused over every civ's UUs and the only two that caused a crash were the American B-52 and the Russian Tupolev Tu-22. Now that I'd detirmined it was a pair of jet bombers causing the problem, I decided to play a hunch and get rid of the B-52's ability to see subs and, viola, the "B" units now show up in the pedia, and mousing over the B-52 doesn't crash the game. The same goes for the Tu-22, but it didn't seem to affect the visibility of units inside the pedia. Right now, the pedia is displaying everything up to the Bombard. I'm guessing what ever comes after that has the ability to see invisible units (or subs), but I'm not sure what right now. Bomber perhaps?

Now, from this, I suspect something is not working inside the random invisibility mod, since it seems to be units that can detect subs that are having problems. If I understand things right, the subs are the only units that use random invisibility. I have no idea how this might be fixed since I don't really have any programming experience.

No ideas how this might be solved yet?

Top Bottom