[BtS] Star Trek Mod

sir not only do i think you perfected star trek as a game scenario but i feel you captured its spirit itself. good job on this mod its my first day playing it and this is my first response on civfanatics. you deserve both for this :goodjob:

I startet the Deep Space Nine Mod - Very nice Idea :)

But when I just wanted to start the war against the Cardassian in the end of the 2nd Season, a new Civ spawned and some of my Cities flipped. Okay, no problem. I took them over again in 4 or 5 turns. But after that, they haven't been killed. Even they had no City left. Okay... No problem, too.
But I wasn't able to declare war on anyone in this game. I thought, maybe I have to wait until the 4th Season or something - but nothing happens :(

What can I do?

This mod is amazing but im having a problem. I started a multiplayer game with a friend (playing klingons) with the DS9 option. The problem is the Maquis show up and they are so insanely overpowered. They are blowing up Galaxys, Sovereigns and Defiants left and right with their raiders and their rebel bases have 30 strength, so without stacking every single attempt to retake the planets fail.

Is this scenario so poorly balanced? or does it not work in mp? or did I end up bugged somehow? Please help.

I forgot to mention my rating is like 1144, im at the top of the chart and Calvin is rated 419, my friend and I dont understand how they are winning and I cant make a dent in them.

Glad to see people are still playing this great mod (Star Trek mod not just DS9). I took some time off from most games, but recently started playing again and am hooked again.

When the DS9 mod was being created I remember reading about how everyone liked it, don't remember anything about what you are describing. Hopefully Deanej can provide some input. I don't really know if the DS9 map was optimized for multiplayer or not though.

This mod is amazing but im having a problem. I started a multiplayer game with a friend (playing klingons) with the DS9 option. The problem is the Maquis show up and they are so insanely overpowered. They are blowing up Galaxys, Sovereigns and Defiants left and right with their raiders and their rebel bases have 30 strength, so without stacking every single attempt to retake the planets fail.

Is this scenario so poorly balanced? or does it not work in mp? or did I end up bugged somehow? Please help.

I forgot to mention my rating is like 1144, im at the top of the chart and Calvin is rated 419, my friend and I dont understand how they are winning and I cant make a dent in them.

Well, the Federation had a lot of trouble with the Maquis in the show too ;). They aren't meant to be defeated quickly; if they were, what would you do before the Dominion War starts?

The rebel bases can't move though. They're there for two reasons: to represent rebel resistance, and to prevent the Maquis from folding the moment they rebel.

Spoiler :
Maquis systems that aren't captured by someone else by the time of "Blaze of Glory" also flip to the Dominion at that time.

Its been awhile, but i recall most of the problem with the Maquis was finding them ;) As Captain Jellico put it, the Maquis where "lightly armed shuttle craft". I mean it just seems bizarre to me if its working as in intended when the Maquis didnt have this kind of military strength and had to resort to hit and runs and other terrorist strategy.

Of course the Dominion on the other hand, I would not bat an eyelash or complain about being so powerful ;) I guess I'll just have to wait them out, it seems impossible to to fight off the Maquis like this, I can throw 5-10 Sovereigns at a system and they all get destroyed lol, its just really funny.

But my opinion on balance issues doesnt change this mod is great, I'll just hang back and wait for the dominion war, then at least my friend can help fight and maybe my fleet might actually be able to win some battles lol. Unless i can somehow edit for my own use the maquis strength to make it more enjoyable.

Have you tried using ranged attacks to weaken them before attacking directly?

That brings up a thought... when I was upgrading the scenarios to 4.0 I didn't think to exploit newer features that were developed since the scenario was first made. Those rebel bases might be perhaps better done with a low base strength but a powerful long-range attack... maybe even change them to air units. The Maquis do have to deal with a combat system not really suited to them though.

Thanks again for replying! Yes, I've had a nebula with my fleets and only attacked once i got messages that bombardment reduced defenses to zero. It didnt help too much at all.

But your right, this combat system isnt suited to them, unfortunately the only game I've ever seen that would make for the perfect Maquis was the Star Wars: Empire at War Forces of Corruption game, too bad they havent adapted something similar to Civ. It'd be pretty neat to have rebels hiding on planets and having to send ships on missions to root them out.

Hi,

1. Great Mod. Very nice Setting.
2. Which of the many sub-mods do i have to start to play a custom map with lets say fed, klingons and so on, and where i can build galaxy and other st ships? I started the normal st mod but i have the "normal" "light cruiser" ships and so on. Are the STar Trek Ships still missing, or shall i load another mod?
3. I played the Xindi Scen. Nice. But i dont get the hint what i have to do? I cant capture a planet, i have to run away from most enemy ships...

Thanks!

2. Check the ship art when playing as one of those civs. I used the civilization unit art feature to accomplish this rather than unique units because I don't like clutter.

3. You basically follow the same journey as on the show. When in doubt, head "east". Episode events get triggered by where you are on the map... the ones you have to hit are impossible to miss since the possible plots to trigger them take up large swaths of the map. Also, I set it up so you can't die in combat (but you can by terrain, so be careful with anomalies, cloaking barriers, and reconfigured space), but you will lose strength and movement if you don't repair afterwards.

Hey,

thanks. I ended the mission, but i died many times in combat vs xindi ships? Or do u have an update for the mod already done? i played the 4.31

greetings

Hi,

Nope. I dont respawn. I got the "U lose game" screen and get thrown out. But nevermind, i solved the mission ;) Nice work.

But i have 2 things: I played the Galaxy Map. Why u have there so less Systems? Every power gets at least 1+2 Systems? All the big ones.. .romulans, ferengi, etc. get only 1 planet System!

I made the option "assimilation" so i can build the "conquered" units in a system. But this overwrites the units i can build! So in a barb-system i only build light-1 ships and not my own light-1s as Earth Player (which have medic promotion for example)

The Ai is a bit... dumb. The Tholians attacked me with 3 Warp-5 Ships and 2 Explorers with 1 Attack. I allready had Constitution Class Ships... Oh - i played on "Captain".

Last thing: Do u still work on this great great mod? A friend and i play it in multiplayer and are enjoying it very much ;)

greetings

Must have forgotten to put that code back in when I updated everything with 4.0... well, the reason it was there in the first place was that I thought it was impossible to win otherwise, which you've proved to not be the case. At least that scenario has a challenge now.

The way Assimilation is implemented is that the system is the race of the player that built it originally for the purpose of unit and building construction.

I'm retired with respect to civ4 modding, though cpt.tripps.2012 is working on an unoffical expansion.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478456

Hi I put the star trek mod in to the mod folder clicked on it in the game it loads the mod but I don't see any change what do I have to do next or have I gone wrong somewhere can anyone help me please

This mod* is a total conversion of Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword to Star Trek. You can play as one of 25 Star Trek civilizations, starting with a "city" and a deep space probe and are tasked with building a civilization to stand the test of time. Like the Final Frontier scenario for BtS, there are space features such as black holes, asteroids, and solar systems. Unlike Final Frontier, concepts such as Great People, unique units, etc. are back in the game**. This mod also has scenarios such as Deep Space Nine and Xindi Attack that let you play out specific events in the Star Trek universe.

*This is actually a mod-mod of the Final Frontier scenario. But is has its own mod-mods, so let's just call it a mod to keep things simple, OK?

**Corporations and random events are not in the game.

Requires the Beyond the Sword expansion pack (windows version) with 3.19 patch and the game language set to English.

Updated 9/27/11

Full Install (version 4.31)

View the forum for this mod.

Hiya guys,

After many years I have returned to the site (with different user name) and was wondering if there are any star trek mods for Civ 5 or Civ 6. I won't to start playing these mods again and have played the Final Frontier mod in the past a lot. Now I want to play it again and wonder if I need to reinstall civ 4 for it or if there are star trek mods for civ 5 or civ 6 and if so what thy are called?

cheers

Top Bottom