Buffed AI for BNW

That is a pity you will loose your game. If I knew the SDK was updated on Steam for the latest patch, I could upload a V22 beta-C for you to play on with. I've posted the question in the modding forums. I am still off-line and don't want to check it.

Carpet of Doom issue

While exploring I got my Caravel into a location in which the game can't continue unless I reload the autosave (or delete / gift the unit)

See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 2014-10-30_00001.jpg
    2014-10-30_00001.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 125
Not understanding how you are able to play this mod with the new patch?

If you have a save game of the carpet of doom, that would help with solutions.

If you don't have a save game, suggest waiting until I update this mod and then play this mod on a lower difficulty on a map with terrestrial neighbours. That solves the carpet of doom issues because the adaptive difficulty stays lower (you will never get to deity-3) and the AI unit costs are higher on lower difficulties. Also, on lower difficulties things like the "reckless expansion diplo" start to kick in as well because the AI's growth is lower.

EDIT:
This mod plays better with some AI terrestrial neighbours.

Searched around the forums, it appears that CM / CBM has access to the source code of the DLL for the new patch.

As I expected from the description, they hated the patch band aid to the tech overflow exploit in the DLL. So that part of the merger for them is simply updating the Bugfix/ explot OFF part of the code and their fix when enabled is unaffected.

The new patches early era war monger reduction is in the dll, they were working on bringing in a similar feature from the CEP as part of a CEP merge into CBM but it hadn't yet been merged at the time the patch came out.

The new patch DLL also added LUA support to a few of the things that CP / CBP had added exposure to and they have to merge those in.

Nothing else in the patch was in the DLL.

The new multi player sync issue with the patch is probably not at a layer that modders have access to.

Hi Joncnunn - I'm still in the middle of a pre-patch game. I would have abandoned it and updated this mod to the latest BNW patch except that you and another hinted at problems with trade and routes which I am not sure is because of issues in this mod prior to the new patch, or because you have updated your game and broken compatibility with this mod.

So I'm continuing on playing the pre-patch mod just to make sure there are no important issues in it first. The pre-patch build of this mod was huge re-engineering with a lot more code and infrastructure.

EDIT: If someone would have gotten through an entire version of this mod pre-patch and given me a positive report, I probably would already have built the new version of this mod. But they haven't.......

Yeah, if Firaxis had waited one more week I could have completed a game before the patch came.

And with a mere additional hour of warning time I could have turned off the auto update taken Steam offline prior to noticing it via a massive steam download.

Oh, it turned out the community patch is already done integrating with the patch, but I didn't notice it until just now.

CMP V 65, CP V 11
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=537574

Gazebo was kind enough to also update the Github source files for CP which is really good news. Continuing to play pre-patch, it honestly feels like the AI is playing better than it used to with the CP AI code. I could be imagining it.

Firaxis should warn people before they release patches. Steam should give you the option to not install a patch or to roll back.

Yeah, steam's current options are

1. Always keep the game up to date (Automatic) - default

2. Only update the game when I launch it (in other words wait to start a download until someone double clicks the game wanting to play it)

3. High Priority - Always download the game before others.

If firaxis had done a Beta update, it might also have caught the multiplayer synch issue before the masses used it.

Good point. Sounds to me like the rushed it out the door because they wanted the BE advertisement included in Civ5 when you win a science VC.

EDIT: Pushed into the patch by their publisher Take Two?

Finally finished that game. (Space ship victory)

The "Beyond Earth" button appeared, indicating its some other section that included it and not the dll.

My victory score was knocked down to the 980s (Herbert Hoover), which is roughly half of what it normally is.

I think that's the last of the useful insights I have until you take Gazebo's merger to take in how they took the merger with with new patch.

I'll be very curious as to how AI Mongolia (and other AI city state killers) does with buffed AI + that base game change that reduces early war monger penalty.

What do you think I should do about unit costs for the next version to quick fix carpet of doom? I'm thinking of capping it to AI stop unit spam. I saw some AI unit spam on Emperor but nothing below that.

Thanks Viking. I play civ5 offline and so am still pre-patch. That bug is not present in my game.

The screenshot I posted was actually from a pre patch game, I found out (I was in offline mode). I had no other mods active (including EUI), and had a freshly cleaned cache and moduserdata. Since then, I have tried the exact same thing but with the patch and have gotten the exact same bug. Figured it was worth mentioning.

Thanks Viking. Hopefully the bug will come out in the wash once I update to latest community patch. This mod does very little and doesn't touch trade or trade routes so it will be something else (maybe a merge problem?)

Yes I believe it's actually what I originally stated- I'm almost certain it stems from the merge, as I didn't experience this until the merge and I have in fact experienced this with whoward's dll. I posted about it in the thread for the dll some time ago but never got a response so I suppose it could just be me for some reason. I've noticed it ever since v61 or so of the dll.

What do you think I should do about unit costs for the next version to quick fix carpet of doom? I'm thinking of capping it to AI stop unit spam. I saw some AI unit spam on Emperor but nothing below that.

I'm not sure what would be quick, but perhaps

1. Threshold for army units based on # of cities + a constant. Above that constant, less likely to build yet another army unit. The higher above the threshold, the lower the likelihood gets.

2. Threshold for naval units based on # of coastal cities + a constant. Above the constant, less likely to build yet another naval unit. The higher above the threshold, the lower the likelihood gets.

Above is assuming the AI already knows about the concept of unit supply.
If it doesn't known about the concept of unit supply, then instead a flat rule to not to build any unit other than a settler whenever its at or above the supply limit.

I've wasted hours today on updating this mod to CP and halloween patch thinking that their Github version of CP was the same as their release version but it isn't. I've left a message with them but it could take a while until this mod is updated because it depends on them.

If nothing happens, I might have to fall back to BuffedAI without CP at some point in the future.

Just saw something weird, enemy spy attack caused 1 turn of rioting + 40 damage in my capital.
I take it this came from CP?
(I'm not complaining, I just wasn't expecting it)

Attachments

• 2014-11-11_00001.jpg
    2014-11-11_00001.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 142
The spy rioting is a setting that I didn't find. I liked it for flavour sake anyway.

If I can get up enthusiasm, one possible way forward for this mod is integrate the CP v61 version of their DLL with their V61 version of their infrastructure and then blend in the latest Halloween patch into that.

Problem is that on Github they have V65 DLL with V61 infrastructure which hangs the game and I couldn't be bothered to manually set up all the infrastructure (100's of files). I have posted to the CP forum but heard nothing.

I think when it boils down to it, CP is not a community patch. It is basically Gazebo working on his own and at the moment he is out of contact or is not talking to me one or the other.

Top Bottom