Buffed AI for BNW

There's a serious bug in V 22 Alpha A. Namely you can't reload games created in it.
See screenshot

Attachments

• 2014-10-20_00001.jpg
    2014-10-20_00001.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 86
Are you going through the mod menu, not the single player menu because the SP menu is bugged in my opinion for loading mods especially when you have multiple mods. Just a word of advice. I'm not having that problem when I go the long way.

Also, the mod is complex now and so it might trigger the old BUG in Civ5 where some mods won't reload properly from inside the game. You have to go to the main menu and load it that way. Most of the big mods like Communitas have suffered from it in the past.

Also, I occasionally get a crash when it tries to load the mod in conjunction with other accessory mods like the wonder planner.

I'll keep an eye out on it though. If it becomes a problem, I won't know what to do about it anyway since the Civ5 mod loading system is untrustworthy for big mods in my opinion.

Perhaps best idea would be to download the community patch mod and play some turns with it and see how it behaves relative to this mod.

EDIT:
Any volunteers to try that?

Are you going through the mod menu, not the single player menu because the SP menu is bugged in my opinion for loading mods especially when you have multiple mods. Just a word of advice. I'm not having that problem when I go the long way.

The attached screenshot was from inside the game. (F12 being easyist way to take screen shots)
It also didn't work from main menu - single player - load.
And no joy from mods - single player - load.

It's acting as if the save declared itself to need some mod that wasn't included when the game started. Perhaps it declared itself to need the community mod?

Thanks Joncnunn, it was still using the old community patch mod ID. I had to generate a new one. Other than that, I haven't changed a thing in the actual mod.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention you may have to delete the cache folder and delete the ModUserData folder and then reactivate your mods from scratch, if you are still having troubles.

Attachments

• BuffedAI (v 22) beta B.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 86
I have noticed that the AIsettlers do not make cities in turn 0. But moving around for several turn. It is something that was added to the community patch. But it was also an opportunity to turn it off. With this code:

AI Settlers allowed two move on turn 0
1 = Enabled (Default)
0 = Disabled
* /

INSERT INTO COMMUNITY (Type, Value)
VALUES ('COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_SETTLER_MOVE_START', 0);

/ *

But now it does not seem to work.

Hi Dragon. I couldn't find the setting you have quoted (what file is it in?)

Instead I found this which should do the trick:

In core files/core changes/CommunityPatchDLLChanges.xml

scroll to line:
Code:
		<!-- This affects AI settler site location selection and advanced settler functions -->
		<Update>
			<Where Name="MOD_BALANCE_CORE_SETTLER"/>
			<Set Value="1"/>
		</Update>

Change to <Set Value="0"/>

The downside of this is I think it also turns off code in the community patch to do with other changes to settlers.

There is also a file in the mod root called:
CommunityOptions.sql

In that file there is a line:

Code:
/*
Changes to Settler Behavior
1 = Enabled (Default)
0 = Disabled 
*/

INSERT INTO COMMUNITY (Type, Value)
VALUES ('COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_SETTLER_TWEAKS', 1);
*/

If you disable that, you turn off the rebalancing of settlement location priorities that the community patch people decided on.

I couldn't find any more settings for settlers, hope that helps.
Chow

It is inside the latest version of community patch. CommunityOptions.sql. The code refers to: Core Files/CoreDefines.sql with the following code: INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'SETTLER_MOVE_ON_START', '1'
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_SETTLER_MOVE_START' AND Value= 1 );

I tried it, but the aisettlers just start too freeze, and won't build :-/

Help me out here Dragon. Are you adding that setting into this mod? That setting doesn't exist in this mod. It doesn't exist because I am using the Github version of the community patch which has deleted that setting (although it still exists in the release version of the community patch).

Ok, that explains it. I thought this was related the community patch dll. Since that problem also appeared there, for a while ago. It was solved with a hotfix, and I think these codes above was introduced at that time. I am only trying to get settlers to found cities from turn 0. I am using a mod with 2 settler units from start, and the capital has too be build at once. This is a mod that is made &#8203;&#8203;in the same manner as civ 4, to fill up the whole world with cities. I am using the beta v22.

In V 22, completing Tradition is no longer instantly giving 4 free aqueducts.
I didn't see any xml changes to the policies so I'm a bit confused on how that occurred.

Update: Upon discovery of Engineering, the free aqueducts from the policy finally appear. This is definitely coming from the Community mod DLL changes. I have no objections to this delay (Tradition is somewhat over powered), but be sure to note it in the patch notes.

It looks like the sell strategic resources 1 at a time for 2 GPT exploit has been removed. Good call.

I think the aqueduct setting could be coming from CustomModOptions.xml:

Code:
    <Row Class="1" Name="BUGFIX_BUILDINGCLASS_NOT_BUILDING" Value="1"/>
    <!-- * Fixes the NumCitiesFreeFoodBuilding (policy finisher) bug where the civilization has a UB for the Aquaduct (v19) -->

<!-- See also: "Unique Building - Turkish Baths" -->
    <Row Class="1" Name="BUGFIX_FREE_FOOD_BUILDING" Value="1"/>

I'm not sure how exactly, I'm not an expert on the community patch.

There are heaps of bug fixes that I have turned on inside that file.

Hum, I don't recall a Turkish Bath building. I take it that's another one of the Community patch changes?

In any case though, it's actually better for balance reasons to have requiring a Tradition player to complete Engineering to get his 4 free aqueducts. (Engineering is one tech off the Education path)

After seeing they actually released a patch for Civ 5 (who saw that coming, by the way!) I had a little free time and decided to give the game a little play. I downloaded the latest version (I believe it's v22 beta) but noticed trade routes were a little funky.

Notice the city on the receiving end of trade routes gets no gold here--there's no base gold so the city needs at least a market in order to get anything at all. I believe this is an issue with the CP merge; I've seen this before in the Various Mod Components iirc.

I was able to produce this with only Buffed AI active. It may be caused by the CP stuff but I figured I'd mention it here too.

I don't know if the above problem is caused by the latest patch or not.

The only V 22 Beta B game I had started had given me a start where Astronomy is needed for any external trade routes at all. Guess which tech I had started to research before saving and exiting the night before the patch.

I assume that the patch probably horribly broke ongoing games with DLL mods and all DLL mods need updated to merge in firaxis changes.

Thanks Viking. I play civ5 offline and so am still pre-patch. That bug is not present in my game.

Thanks Joncnunn. It looks like mods will need an update. Not sure when exactly to update since it looks to me like Firaxis are going to have to patch there patch? I would prefer not to have to duplicate the workload.

Chow.

Glider, I'm thinking since your version 22b included a merge of the community mod that itself needs a merger * that you should just wait for the Community Mod to be updated to include their merge from Firaxis and then you'd just take a merger for that later version of the community mod.

I finally got a chance to try to reopen my game that was in progress at the time of the update.

1. Firaxis change to policy placement took place instantly. (I had already completed Tradition so that had no effect)
2. Their fix to the wait counter also took place instantly. :)
3. I did get a notice that the AI is now on Deity 3, so that is still working. :)

I still need a few more turns to finish researching Astronomy to allow an external trade route.

* There is a possible conflict between how the community patch earlier fixed the tech overflow exploit and how Firaxis did. They'll have to decide which version to take.

The only problems I've heard in base game for the new patch is for multiplayer. (Something like multiplayer sync issues)

Thanks, you could turn off the community patch version of the tech overflow in CustomModOptions.xml at:

Code:
	<!-- Fixes the research overflow bug/exploit (v52) -->
    <!-- See also: "Bugfix - Research Overflow Exploit" -->
    <Row Class="1" Name="BUGFIX_RESEARCH_OVERFLOW" Value="1"/>

Just reached Astronomy, I'm not seeing any trade route problems.
Screen shot of it working for me.

Actually, Civ V overall is behaving better in background with the new patch; it used to greatly slow my system down when minimized if I tried to do other things with it running. With the patch, the other programs are unaffected when its minimized.
So it's nice for a patch that does more that it says it does.

Attachments

• 2014-10-28_00001.jpg
    2014-10-28_00001.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 55
That minimization bug has been around for years and sadly has destroyed a number of peoples laptops. When minimized, some GPUs used to heat up because frame rate was no longer capped at the screen refresh. Many people lost their laptops. We told Firaxis but it has taken them four years to fix it (because they will have had the money allocated with BE).

Do you know if the DLL has been updated by Firaxis? If it has been, have they also updated the SDK with the code changes? In the past it has been months between the official update and the SDK update which has been very frustrating for modders.

If the DLL has been updated, you won't be getting their changes because this mod will supplant their DLL. The fact that you were getting difficulty changes notified means that this mod's DLL is functioning (not theirs).

I'm reluctant to go back on-line to find out myself if they have updated the SDK.

That minimization bug has been around for years and sadly has destroyed a number of peoples laptops. When minimized, some GPUs used to heat up because frame rate was no longer capped at the screen refresh. Many people lost their laptops. We told Firaxis but it has taken them four years to fix it (because they will have had the money allocated with BE).

Do you know if the DLL has been updated by Firaxis? If it has been, have they also updated the SDK with the code changes? In the past it has been months between the official update and the SDK update which has been very frustrating for modders.

If the DLL has been updated, you won't be getting their changes because this mod will supplant their DLL. The fact that you were getting difficulty changes notified means that this mod's DLL is functioning (not theirs).

I'm reluctant to go back on-line to find out myself if they have updated the SDK.

The DLL within expansion 2 now has yesterday's timestamp.
I haven't checked the SDK.
I do know that there are some new undocumented LUA hooks.

I am now getting very odd behavior for luxury trades:

1. China valued my spare Silver at aprox 24 GPT (while valuing Ivory at normal rate)
2. Ethiopia threw extra 1 GPT in exchange for luxury for luxury deal.

3. A renewal of a luxury trade temporarily droped the global difficulty happiness from 9 to 5 (offsetting the new luxury entirely) until I moved one of my units which returned it back to normal.

Top Bottom