[BUG] 1.0.0.621: Diplo Votes Screen Broken

ButSam

King
The screen where you can view details of Diplomatic votes for all civs is broken.

Check out this save. Go to the victory progress screen, click on Details for Diplomatic victory, and look at Rome. The numbers just don't add up...votes for self + votes from city-states does not equal total votes (and there are no liberated city-states or capitals). 1 + 3 != 3.

Something is wrong -- either the total votes, or the votes from city-states (I suspect the latter, since I would assume total votes is just a sum of the variables shown). What is going on here? Definitely a bug.

Sam

EDIT: FWIW, the Diplomacy overview only shows Rome allied with 2 city-states, but in fact the diplo votes screen claims they are getting 3 city-state votes. That said, I don't know how Diplo votes are supposed to work when someone takes over a city-state, which may account for the discrepancy in votes on the Diplo screen. Still, I know this has to be a bug, since 3 + 1 = 4 for most values of 3 and 1. So, either votes from city-states should be 2, or total votes should be 4.

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga_0270 AD-1800_Bug.Civ5Save
    717.5 KB · Views: 95
The votes for any conquered city states and nations are not counted and not shown. However you still need 50% of the potential votes of all states+nations, conquered or not. If too many nations are conquered then some will need to be liberated before a diplomatic victory is possible.

The diplomatic victory screen shows the least possible information in an ugly format. I posted a suggestion thread about this ages ago, suggesting that the screen should at the very least contain a line saying "France, Dublin, ... cannot vote". I'm not surprised that someone else thinks it is a bug.

I agree about the nicety of saying which city-states cannot vote, but that is not the crux of this bug.

This bug is even more straightforward:

* Open up the save, go to the Victory screen, then to the Diplo Victory Details.

* Look at Rome.

-- It indicates Rome has 1 vote for "Self", and 3 votes for "City-States", and 3 votes TOTAL!

3 + 1 = 4, not 3.

I believe the bug may be caused by a city-state that was Rome's ally being taken over...but I am just guessing at the cause, I don't know that for sure. I *do* know for sure that 3 + 1 = 4, not 3...so it is clearly a bug.

There is definitely something in either the logic of counting city-state votes, or the logic of counting total votes, that is buggy.

If you open up the Diplo view, there are only 2 city-states on that view that are allied with Rome...so I think the bug is in counting city-state votes...but I don't know that definitively. (It is possible that the Diplo screen is also buggy...or that I missed one on the diplo screen.)

The variety of DLCs will be the next huge annoyance with civ5.

ButSam's savegame requires Babylon.
So, I can't make any comments on his problem.

Didn't think about that...I have the Digital Deluxe with Genghis. (Babylon is not in the game; that's a separate bug -- why is Babylon required to be installed even though Babylon is not in this particular game and never was?)

I tried attaching a screen shot, but TGA is the default format, and I tried an online conversion tool and it failed. TGA is apparently not approved for posting on the message board. Any suggestions on how to get it to appear?

Sam

The civ5 savegames incompatibility stay a mystery.
The worst situation was where I had a CTD and someone else with also the regular version + 1.0.0.621 patch had no problems.

Also, the latest patch, 1.0.0.621, should have solved the problems with the deluxe and regular savegames without Babylon as one of the civs.

Try this program for the TGA files :
http://www.irfanview.com/
To convert a screenshot :
File -> open <picture>
File -> Save as -> choose picture format

Here is the screen capture, attached as a thumbnail.

Clearly, strange things are afoot with Rome's line. Total votes 3, Self 1, City-States 3? 3 + 1 = 4...

Although that screenshot is sufficient to confirm the bug, I can offer a hint at a diagnosis. If you were to open the save and scroll through all of the city-states, you would find Rome allied with only 2 city-states. So, something weird is happening with the city-state count. (I suspect perhaps a city-state Rome was allied to was taken over.) So, I *suspect* (but do not know) that the total votes for Rome are correct, but the votes from city-states are not. (I am not Rome in this game, I am Japan. However, I do know Rome and the Mongols were at war with each other for as long as I knew them...and the Mongols do love taking over their city-states, so it seems like a reasonable suspicion.)

Sam

Attachments

• Civ5_Votes_Bug.jpg
    Civ5_Votes_Bug.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 195
Can anyone else out there with Babylon confirm this bug so we can move it to the confirmed forum?

I have the Babylon DLC and loaded your game. The screenshot you posted is prima facie evidence of a bug. A possible explanation, other than the ones you presented, is that Stockholm is now Rome's puppet. It might have been previously allied with them.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

Further evidence of this which confirms that a captured city state is the cause (or at least one of the causes.) On the attached save, Almaty is allied with America and the vote summary screen shows 7 CS votes for America and also 7 total votes. On the next turn Hiawatha should capture Almaty and the vote summary screen will correctly change to 6 total votes for America but still (incorrectly) show 7 CS votes for them. (Note the correct American CS vote count should actually be 5 since this is the second allied CS they lost but I didn't keep a save the first time it happened.) As an added bonus, the UN Vote will come up next turn too and the correct 6 total votes will be cast for America so it is definitely just a display bug on the CS votes.

EDIT: For a potential fix for this and another counting issue see my post in the Unofficial Patch topic.

Attachments

• BUG vote miscount before.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
The plot thickens...

RUMOR is that there is a similar problem (although actually even worse!) when a civ is eliminated. The "ghost" civ can still ally with city-states, apparently. I have not seen this occur, though; has anyone else?

Top Bottom