[BUG] Bombarding defenses is having no effect?

I deleted Castles because of that bug discussed above.

But it seems like it isn't Castles fault or maybe not entirely because I still get this:

guess the amount of buildings that use BombardDefense must be reduced to a very small amout. alternativly one could add there a cut off value such that always at least 1% damage is done - no matter what siege weapon attacks. hmm... this cut off could be made dependant on the actualDefense/maximalDefese and bombardDamage-BombardDefense in such way that the cut-off only is applied until a certain minimal city defense is reached. after that the siege weapon must exceed the bombard defense.

nice amount of gold in your screenshot btw.

I deleted Castles because of that bug discussed above.

But it seems like it isn't Castles fault or maybe not entirely because I still get this:

Indeed, I found the REAL cause of the bug last night. Apparently, when the high walls replaced the walls, it wasn't turning off the bonus defense from the walls correctly, so the walls didn't give happiness anymore, but still gave it's bombard and defense bonuses.

Indeed, I found the REAL cause of the bug last night. Apparently, when the high walls replaced the walls, it wasn't turning off the bonus defense from the walls correctly, so the walls didn't give happiness anymore, but still gave it's bombard and defense bonuses.

How about getting Walls automatically destroyed (forgot a formal term for that) and then replace it with High Walls. That way, walls no longer exist because High Walls is supposed to be a building that combines old Walls with new built over walls...

Or am I wrong?

How about getting Walls automatically destroyed (forgot a formal term for that) and then replace it with High Walls. That way, walls no longer exist because High Walls is supposed to be a building that combines old Walls with new built over walls...

Or am I wrong?

Or a better idea:

Make a new xml tag called bObsoleteBuilding and use that with bReplacement xml tag? Hopefully, that should nerf Walls' bombard bonus and move it over to High Walls.

Or am I wrong?

Or a better idea:

Make a new xml tag called bObsoleteBuilding and use that with bReplacement xml tag? Hopefully, that should nerf Walls' bombard bonus and move it over to High Walls.

Or, the Best Idea:
I just fix it. It's a bug, I don't need a complex solution. ;)

Or, the Best Idea:
I just fix it. It's a bug, I don't need a complex solution. ;)

Gimme the solution please :D. Would much like to continue the game without resorting to worldbuilder's delete capability..

Gimme the solution please :D. Would much like to continue the game without resorting to worldbuilder's delete capability..

It's in the SDK, I probably won't release a patch since I'm so close to a beta 1.60...

It's in the SDK, I probably won't release a patch since I'm so close to a beta 1.60...

Cool.

OK, looking forward to the beta :).

Just a heads up, I added a new global define for AND 1.60, for the Max Bombard Defense Rate. It will be set to 90% Bombard Defense Rate by default, but players can easily move it up or down. It should avoid any future problems with this.

Top Bottom