1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BUG Bug? Right-click makes dotmapping layer go away

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by rmunn, May 26, 2010.

1. rmunn

rmunn Chieftain

I love the dotmapping utility built into the BUG mod (and thank you for including it!), but there's one thing that's been bugging me (so to speak) about the way it's currently implemented in Wild Mana.

In the regular BUG mod, you can remove a dot from the dotmap screen with a right-click. But when I try this in Wild Mana, the right-click makes the dotmap layer go away, and the dot I wanted to remove stays in place. This makes trial-and-error dotmapping (red color for if I try to include the gold in my city's BFC, green color for if I include the two extra grassland hills instead, and look at the two resulting BFC's) kind of a pain, because I can't ever remove the "extra" dots that I decided not to use.

I'd love to be able to delete dots in the dotmap with a right mouse click the way it was intended. I'm a decent Python coder, so I've poked around in the Python code (specifically in Assets\Python\Screens\CvDotMapOverlayScreen.py) and I can't figure out why this is happening. The Python code sets up a right-mouse-click event handler that should be removing city dots... but instead, right mouse clicks dismiss the dotmapping interface. And I can't figure out why; I've never done any Civ IV modding, so I don't know where to look next.

Anyone else bothered by this behavior, or is it just me? And if anyone else is bothered by it, do you have any clue where to look for the reason?

2. Sephi

Sephi Deity

The python code for this is in python/contrib/CvStrategyOverlay.py .Search for "removeCityAt".

The new version of BUG use rewritten code so maybe there were some issues.