BUG: Interface missing in the city screen

zulu9812

The Newbie Nightmare
This is weird, I've never come across this before:

Curiously, it only affects cities that I've conquered. Cities that I've built are fine. It's not a game-breaking bug, but it does mean that I can't set build queues for those cities.

Has anyone else come across this?

yeah happened to me once but I just restarted it and it went away.
Recently i keep getting lots of crashes.. civ has stopped working blah blah.
Its not a problem with my computer coz i have win7 64bit quad core 3.3ghz and 1gb gpu.
I have spent many hours now trying to figure out how to run AND smoothly I have reinstalled a few times etc.. gives me the horsehockys =)

Anyway, Does your .rar just get unpacked into assets folder and override where applicable?

Also in civ.ini

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

; Break on memory allocation order #
BreakOnAlloc = -1

???

And in the mod's.ini
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

Is this correct??

Had a look at my file, it seems different to your's, I'll attach a copy of my Rise of Mankind.ini file for you to compare/use.

On win 64, technical forums, has best advice there for running Civ IV under that program.

By *rar, I assume you mean the mod, that gets unpacked into C:/...Path to Beyond the sword.../Mods

Don't re-name the folder, it runs as a stand alone mod.

I'd use my attached copy and start again, you've changed a couple of options from default.

I think i fixed it now finally, like 300 turns in and haven't crashed once. Think the main thing was I had rise of mankind.ini, rise of mankind - a new dawn.ini and rise of mankind - civic enhancements.ini (the current modmod im using), I had all three in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn - enhanced civics

I since removed the first two so it only has the civic enhancement.ini in it and I guess that was the problem, not sure why there was 3..

Happy new year btw fellow melbournian =)

Top Bottom