1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug: Manually added Leaders don't work

Discussion in 'Civ3 Conquests - Bug Reports' started by Firebird, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Firebird

Firebird Chieftain

Hi,

Leaders added to the map in a scenario or leaders generated from a wonder cannot build armies, hurry production or start a science age.

Other units, when given some/all the Leader-special actions, cannot function as leaders either.

/Firebird

2. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Which type of leaders? I've made scenarios with MGLs on the map and they functioned fine. I will admit that I didn't try SGLs or ones generated from a wonder.

3. slothman

slothman Chieftain

When you say "leader generated by a wonder" do you mean like the Knights Templar, from a mod? Or something else I haven't come across yet?

4. Packer-Backer

Packer-Backer Conservative Christian

A little bit off topic but...how come SGL aren't a different unit?!?!?! WT*!?!?! It is isane to have two different units as one unit in the editor.

5. Firebird

Firebird Chieftain

Exactly my point too! I believe thats the culprit of this problem.

6. Firebird

Firebird Chieftain

Yes, like Knights Templar, only the wonder I modified generated GL's.

7. Firebird

Firebird Chieftain

Allright, they might build an army if you have 4 cities or more (I forgot to test that), but the Hurry-function doesn't work like it's supposed to. I couldn't hurry a palace or a unit.

I have found out I can hurry a great wonder though, so the manually added/Wonder generated GL's work like a merged and cut MGL and SGL.

I still think Firaxis should make MGL and SGL seperate units. And then put a field in the editor to select which unit can be generatet when researching new science, just like we have a field to select which unit is generated in combat.

8. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

I've hurried the FP and other small wonders with placed MGLs. AFAIK, they can't hurry units or regular buildings anymore.