Bug Reports Center

Renata said:
Your unit is the maceman, right, with a longbow on defense? I'm not sure what you're talking about with the 50% vs melee bonus -- that's the longbow's bonus, not yours. Assuming the longbow in question actually has combat I plus two anti-melee promotions (is that possible for bows? I don't even know), and that your maceman is combat II, the numbers look perfectly correct to me. (8+1.6=9.6; 6+0.6+3=9.6)

If it's just the apparent strangeness in the odds that's bothering you (9.6 vs 9.6, yet only a 43% chance of winning), it's because of the defender's first strike.
It's actually a crossbow unit and now that you mention it, you are right. All game the AI was sending macemen to that spot and I didn't even notice that this time the AI sent a crossbowmen. That's what happens when you're still playing at 4am. Sorry, honest mistake. Thanks for noticing. I was scratching my head last night.

I'm not sure I am writing on the write pag, but I am having trouble even getting started! It takes an awful long time to load(I mean a looong time!) and then maybe some graphics issues. Do I need to be more specific for help?

I tried the patch and it barely changes anything.

malikism said:
I'm not sure I am writing on the write pag, but I am having trouble even getting started! It takes an awful long time to load(I mean a looong time!) and then maybe some graphics issues. Do I need to be more specific for help?

I tried the patch and it barely changes anything.

try changing the date on your puter to 12/31/05.....I bet it works.

Thee_Gilraen said:
I installed the new patch last night and can no longer play LAN games. The games aren't even seen when I do direct IP connection. 2K games website isn't working. Was this new patch released accidentally?
Has anyone else seen this problem.
The two computers are in the same house on the same network and have had no prior problems playing a LAN campaign.
:cry: :sad: :(

Do you have Norton or McAfee firewall installed? I had the same problem, and realized that McAfee was blocking Civ4 since it had been modified since it was first installed. Unfortunately, when Civ4 is trying to connect, it locks up your computer, so you can't alt-tab out and dismiss the McAfee dialog. Switching to windowed mode was the only solution.

jjcole said:
1.52 Bug: Diplomacy win impossible in hotseat (also happened in 1.09 and 1.00)

to reproduce: start MP game in hotseat mode

2. make sure "win by diplomacy" is checked as a victory option.

3. build UN

4. get enough votes to win

5. nothing happens, game continues.

6. put forward any resolution, get enough votes for it to succeed, the message will come up that the resolution has failed.

(see separate thread "broken diplomacy" in this forum)

7. try for sec-general again, get the votes, nothing happens.

8. give up on winning by diplomacy
Actually, you CAN win. It took me a few tries though. The election after all PASSED that I put forth didn't accomplish anything, which kind of flabbergasted me. So I concentrated on the Space Race victory and all of a sudden won an election of the UN and won through diplomatic victory.

andrew_yaweb said:
Are you not holding shift? That's what adds things to the end of the queue...sorry if I misread your post, but I think that's the answer.

Sorry I was unclear. Yes, I'm holding shift or control to add to bottom or top of cue...I think my problem may be with my mouse...I think its dying...its acting kinda strange so problem solved. Don't have the problem when using different mouse.

try changing the date on your puter to 12/31/05.....I bet it works.

are you for real? anybody else know this trick?

I'm not positive this is the right place to post this, and I did see it mentioned in passing in another thread, but I've noticed that coal plants don't produce any unhealthiness.

Another bug I've noticed is a display/interface error in windowed (vs. full-screen) mode: if the monitor is set to a higher display resolution than the game is set to (whether or not the window is maximized), doing a rollover on the map brings up information for the wrong location: clicking on things on the map still works fine, but the rollover doesn't.

MT

MTKnife said:
I'm not positive this is the right place to post this, and I did see it mentioned in passing in another thread, but I've noticed that coal plants don't produce any unhealthiness.

Okay, I may have an answer to that one at least: late in the game, the city containing the Three Gorges Dam flipped to me (I didn't even realize the Dam was there until I looked at the Wonders Screen, after the game was over). Therefore, the coal plant wasn't being used, and produced no unhealthiness.

MT

The Great Prophet has a black square behind his head. Is he holding something or has a halo effect? This appeared during the demo as well.

Blazer6 said:
The Great Prophet has a black square behind his head. Is he holding something or has a halo effect? This appeared during the demo as well.

I've gotten that too. It just seems to be a transparency issue. What is your video card?

I've had the same problem too.

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X300.

Nothing all that bad, especially since it's just for the great prophet, but it is a tad annoying.

MTKnife said:
Okay, I may have an answer to that one at least: late in the game, the city containing the Three Gorges Dam flipped to me (I didn't even realize the Dam was there until I looked at the Wonders Screen, after the game was over). Therefore, the coal plant wasn't being used, and produced no unhealthiness.

MT

Okay, no, the Three Gorges Dam does NOT explain the problem. This game I didn't have the Three Gorges at all, but still no unhealthiness from the coal plant. After the game was over, I went back and checked, and the Dam was on my continent, and I thought maybe it was given all the cities on the continent the benefit of it, even those not belonging to the owner. However, I then went and built a coal plant on an island off the coast, and, sure enough, still no unhealthiness. This seems like an awfully significant bug. Hasn't anyone else noticed it? If I post it here, will someone likely do something about it?

Scott Orr

MTKnife said:
Okay, no, the Three Gorges Dam does NOT explain the problem. This game I didn't have the Three Gorges at all, but still no unhealthiness from the coal plant. After the game was over, I went back and checked, and the Dam was on my continent, and I thought maybe it was given all the cities on the continent the benefit of it, even those not belonging to the owner. However, I then went and built a coal plant on an island off the coast, and, sure enough, still no unhealthiness. This seems like an awfully significant bug. Hasn't anyone else noticed it? If I post it here, will someone likely do something about it?

Scott Orr

A save from your current game would be a start. :)

Okay, never mind: someone finally pointed out to me that the modifier shows up, not in the buildings list, but in the unhappiness detail, under "Power". That's not as clear as it might be. :)

MT

MTKnife said:
Okay, never mind: someone finally pointed out to me that the modifier shows up, not in the buildings list, but in the unhappiness detail, under "Power". That's not as clear as it might be. :)

If Health modifiers are showing up under the Happiness detail, then I agree that's a bug. But I'm skeptical, because I've never seen this.

Top Bottom