[bug] Social Policy "Meritocracy" doesn't work

*M*

Chieftain
According to the description I should get one happiness for every city connected to the capital. But it only gives one happiness total, no matter how many cities are connected to the capital.

In my saved game it shows that at least 30 cities are connected to the capital. (and that I get only one happiness from it)

Attachments

• xyz2.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
According to the description I should get one happiness for every city connected to the capital. But it only gives one happiness total, no matter how many cities are connected to the capital.

In my saved game it shows that at least 30 cities are connected to the capital. (and that I get only one happiness from it)

argh, another digital delux edition :mad:

sorry, not your fault, but someone else has to confirm this one

I have solved the mystery! Note how the policy states "...connected to your capital" At the moment only Chartres is connected to your capital with a road as shown in the tactical overview with the "trade route" overlay. So the +1 happiness is correct.
(Screenshot 1)

You can also see in your economic overview that out of the possible trade route yield of gold, you're only getting it from Chartres.
(Screenshot 2)

However, it does not explain why the 4 cities just west of Paris at the coasts of the bay have the trade route icon. They're not connected by boat and they do not have harbor (nor does the capital since it's inland). I can't explain that, but this appears to be graphical only as the happiness bonus and economic overview are correct.
(Screenshot 3)

So this is not a bug, but there is a different bug :crazyeye:

I have solved the mystery! Note how the policy states "...connected to your capital" At the moment only Chartres is connected to your capital with a road as shown in the tactical overview with the "trade route" overlay. So the +1 happiness is correct.
(Screenshot 1)

You can also see in your economic overview that out of the possible trade route yield of gold, you're only getting it from Chartres.
(Screenshot 2)

However, it does not explain why the 4 cities just west of Paris at the coasts of the bay have the trade route icon. They're not connected by boat and they do not have harbor (nor does the capital since it's inland). I can't explain that, but this appears to be graphical only as the happiness bonus and economic overview are correct.
(Screenshot 3)

So this is not a bug, but there is a different bug :crazyeye:

This is really weird :crazyeye: I also don't know why the game kept telling me that "City XXX is now connected to the Capital" through notifications on the right side of the screen. The mayors gotta be drinking too much wine I tell you!

Top Bottom