1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

bug with plasma armor

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by DrwHem, Feb 9, 2009.

1. DrwHem

DrwHem Prince

When i build plasma armor part of the texture is unconstrained...basically there's a spot on the side of the tank where a very very very large squarish mess seems to erupt from covering most of the screen and making these units unplayable if you wish to see wtf is going on in the world. its too bad too cause the hover tanks annoy me with their lack of combat sounds.

2. Ogaburan

Ogaburan Warlord

Its a bug?! i thought those are sneaky tanks!!!! :lol:

3. DrwHem

DrwHem Prince

lol when they fire there is no sound. its hard to make an explosion without sound so im guessing its a bug.

4. DrwHem

DrwHem Prince

any update regarding the texture of plasma tanks? is it corrected?

5. Revolutionist

Revolutionist Chieftain

I had that problem like this with Plasma Armor before, but not in RoM.
    Or if it was, it would have been a very early version of it, since it was a loooong time ago. Back when the Plasma Armor model was a new and exciting thing. ;)

You could try reinstalling the mod. The texture is fine on mine, at least. (Just checked)

In my last game I inexplicably crashed every time I tried to build a Fighter, which had a pink square for a button, even after I changed the button texture itself. Could upgrade fine to them from early fighters. So my plans for expanding my airforce were stalled until jet engines.
    Guess my scientists couldn't quite figure out a better prop plane. :rolleyes:

Point is, weird glitches like that just happen sometimes. It's one of the downsides of putting in stuff from a dozen artists, all doing things a bit differently.

6. Bezhukov

Bezhukov Deity

Got the same problem with the plasma, then other units on the same continent get it too if you select them after the plasma.