Bugs/Error reports

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I believe the technology "Hyper-advanced Construction" has a tech cost of 10 times what it should be. I am playing on normal speed and it has a cost of 450000 tech points but most of the final techs have a cost of 45000 tech points.

Hi,

I just installed MOO2CIV 5.0 for the first time.
(It's the first time I've tried MOO2CIV anyway)

But right at the start of the game, I am receiving several python errors.
These errors were like this:

"can't find type enum for type tag TECH_MILITARY_0"
"can't find type enum for type tag TECH_MILITARY_1"
"can't find type enum for type tag TECH_INDUSTRY_0"

After entering the cityscreen of my homesystem, I am receiving some different pyhton errors which are repeating in an infinite loop. :(
Therefore it's impossible to continue the game after entering my homesystem.

These error messages are as follows:
Message 1: "can't find type enum for type tag BUILDING_MANUFACTURING_PLANT"
After pressing the "OK" button I'am receiving this message:
Message 2: "cant find type enum for type tag BUILDING_FACTORY"
By pressing the "OK" button once again, it returnes to (Message 1) and so on and
so on and so on.

I've set up the game via "Play Now" and chose the human Civilization.

Are I'am doing anything wrong or is this an error?

Technical information:
MOO2 Version 5.0
CIV Version 3.19
Vista 32 bit

I get an XML error when i start my game is it because i use steam?

Thank you for your time.

Ok i did an integrity check and the game ran, i was able to load the mod. I heard the custom music but once i got in the game it was still like a regular game... :confused:

By it i meant the graphics/gameplay. The music was the only thing i was able to get from your Mod.

Originally Posted by Rambo919 View Post

when I try to startup a game i get

GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme

MOO2Civ 5.0

If it matters im running the CIV4 Complete Pack
I did put the needed INSTALLDIR's into the registry though

I just downloaded and installed 5.1. I first just installed it over top of the 5.0 folder but when I attempted to start the MOD, BTS crashed as it was loading MOO2Civ.
I then deleted the "MOOCiv 5.0" folder and reinstalled 5.1 using the default path that the installer supplied me with i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\MOO2Civ 5.1" (I am running Win 7 64-bit).
Once again, when I start the MOD, it crashes as it is loading.
I tried 5.0 again but I get the same crash. Previous versions of your MOD worked, however.
Are there problems if the MOD is run from "Programs (x86) as opposed to "Programs"? I am running the "original" Civ4/BTS i.e. not the 'Complete' version of Civ 4.
Thanks for the great MOD and for you help.

I just downloaded and installed 5.1. I first just installed it over top of the 5.0 folder but when I attempted to start the MOD, BTS crashed as it was loading MOO2Civ.
I then deleted the "MOOCiv 5.0" folder and reinstalled 5.1 using the default path that the installer supplied me with i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\MOO2Civ 5.1" (I am running Win 7 64-bit).
Once again, when I start the MOD, it crashes as it is loading.
I tried 5.0 again but I get the same crash. Previous versions of your MOD worked, however.
Are there problems if the MOD is run from "Programs (x86) as opposed to "Programs"? I am running the "original" Civ4/BTS i.e. not the 'Complete' version of Civ 4.
Thanks for the great MOD and for you help.

The mod needs to be installed to whichever folder you installed Civilization 4 to.

So if you installed to Program Files (x86), which is the default for Civ 4 on 64-bit systems, you need to install the mod to Program Files (x86).

Have you installed the BTS 3.19 patch? If you have, have you installed it from the in-game installer or from CFC? If you installed it from the in-game installer, download it from here instead.

Yes the installer picked up that Civ 4 was under the "Programs (x86)" folder and that is where I placed the MOD (C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\MOO2Civ 5.1).

And yes, I have patched my Civ right up to 3.19. I also installed it via the "MOO2Civ 5.1.exe" that I downloaded from the link on the first page and not through the in-game installer.

Looking at the directory stucture of the 'MOOCiv 5.1' folder, everything looks OK i.e. there are an Assets, CvGameCoreDLL, Documents, EwI Source Code, PrivateMaps, PublicMaps and Resources subfolders as well as the MOOCiv 5.1.ini file.

Thanks for you help.

The mod needs to be installed to whichever folder you installed Civilization 4 to.

So if you installed to Program Files (x86), which is the default for Civ 4 on 64-bit systems, you need to install the mod to Program Files (x86).

Have you installed the BTS 3.19 patch? If you have, have you installed it from the in-game installer or from CFC? If you installed it from the in-game installer, download it from here instead.

And yes, I have patched my Civ right up to 3.19. I also installed it via the "MOO2Civ 5.1.exe" that I downloaded from the link on the first page and not through the in-game installer.

That's not what I meant- I meant BTS Patch 3.19, not MOO2Civ (you can't install the mod from inside the game...). Did you install the 3.19 patch from CFC's download database or from the in-game updater?

Yup, my BTS is patched to 3.19. ;) I installed the patch when it first came out as an EXE.

That's not what I meant- I meant BTS Patch 3.19, not MOO2Civ (you can't install the mod from inside the game...). Did you install the 3.19 patch from CFC's download database or from the in-game updater?

Top Bottom