Build was success, the MOD was loaded, but new civilization just do not appear

AmekiKyou

Chieftain
I believe there should be no bugs in the XML files, since the build is successful. I wrote Front-end actions and In-game actions as the sample mod. But that just do not show up in the selecting menu. I and my friends tested this several times, and nothing changed. I wonder if there should be something wrong happened but we just cannot find it.

Attachments

• Alice (Modbuddy).rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • Alice (Built-up).rar
    4.8 MB · Views: 49
  1. Do yourself a favor and get rid of the Criteria stuff.
  2. Do yourself another favor and check file Database.log (for windows machines found at: ~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs).
  3. There is no such game-table as "Modifier". You are missing the required "s" at the end. Found this in the first file of the mod I looked at. (Alice_Civilization.xml)
  4. Modbuddy does not generate errors for bad code when you build the mod. It only generates errors as part of the build process that are related to not being able to create a file or access a file within the project.
    • If you view the contents of an XML, SQL, or LUA file within modbuddy it will attempt to show basic format errors and the like for the code, but if none show in the Modbuddy error-report window this does not actually mean the code within your mod is any good
    • This will not create an error within Modbuddy if dropped into an XML file
      Code:
      <GameData>
      	<Quatloos>
      		<Row>
      			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_TRISKELLION</CivilizationType>
      			<KirkBluffsGamesters>true</KirkBluffsGamesters>
      		</Row>
      	</Quatloos>
      </GameData>
      • Modbuddy will build the mod just fine and with "Success".
      • Since the code-contents are utter garbage the game will refuse to implement this nonsense and errors will be reported in the Database.log file when you enable and try to use the mod in the game, but you will not get errors for this when Building the mod in ModBuddy or when doing anything else with the mod until you try to run it in the game.

Top Bottom