Bz9 - Ad Astra Per Sid

Great turn Mark. I liked how you kept the UN out of the AI's hands :) Looks like we are well on our way to getting the internet too.

If we can keep our gpt from other civs high, we can research at 100% and still gain money to steal techs. Keep checking with the non-modern civs to see if they have gpt to donate to us. It happens now and then and is essentially "free".

Are we sending the tank army to Persia? One thought I had was to keep our armies near the Persia/Mongol border in case the Mongols become a problem. When we get peace we can get an ROP as well and keep the armies in the area in case we want to bust a capitol. Not that I really think we need it, but it would be nice to have the option.

Greebley
Arizona_Steve
Mark1031 <= Just Played
Grahamiam <= Up
Yom <= On Deck

Go get them Grahamian :hammer:

Great turn Mark. I liked how you kept the UN out of the AI's hands :) Looks like we are well on our way to getting the internet too.

Well the UN probably wasn't necessary as I doubt the Persians could win a vote but why take any chances. BTW I think we are first in land and pop. I think the Persians are pretty much beaten down and we will have other civs to worry about. Myans, Mongols and Hittites are pretty big. Also, the Incans got computers pretty fast somehow. With tech trading these guys could move pretty fast if we don't keep them all fighting each other. But I don't think that will be a problem :mischief: .

Preflight check: Things look nice. Switch a couple of the core wealth cities to bombers or fighters.

IBT: Renew RoP with Inca, also sell them silks for 33gpt, and Incense for 34gpt; Lose our Furs and Salt

T1: 1305AD Trade: sell the Netherlands Electronics for Furs, Salt, WM, and 102g; Rush culture (Libraries) in our border towns. MapStat indicates we need a lot of units to prevent flips.
WW is starting to kick in, so I got thru F1 screen.

IBT: WW gets worse as a lot of wttkd’s end. Army in Persia gets bombed and bombarded by arty down to 6hp.

T2: 1310AD Trades: get 29gpt from Netherlands for Spices; get 30gpt from Mongols for same. Sell around WM. Sell Electricity to Egypt for 37gpt and 48g.

Investigate the Persian city of Nineveh and they will finish UN in 4T, we will be done in 3T. Of course, this means that they will cascade to Manhattan Project, another not-so-nice wonder. Since we have so much cash on hand, I recommend we sabotage it before our UN is built.

IBT: Maya and Dutch sign MPP and Dutch declare on Persians due to this. Our cav army in Persia is redlined by bombers and Arty and then killed by an infantry unit; Dutch declares on the Mongols and Egypt
Hittities and Germans ally vs Maya and Zulu; and Hittites declare on both. Dutch declare on Greece; Hittites come calling and they want us to sign an embargo vs Zulu. No thanks. Dutch declares on the Hittites. Egypt wants an RoP and MPP, no thanks on the MPP part.
Gee, it’s not too hard to keep everyone at war, is it :lol:

Start Manhattan Project in Sala as a prebuild for Internet (Mini and Man due in 8T)

T3: 1315AD Landscaping. I merge a couple native workers into core towns to boost pop and production.
Trades: sell Maya silks for 50gpt; sell Dutch Incense for 39gpt

IBT: Zulu and Inca MA vs Mongols; Egypt and Mongols MA vs Zulu

T4: 1320AD Try to carefully sabotage production in the Persian town of Nineveh (5214g, but we have over 13000 in the bank and make over 1100gpt) and succeed :), but the spy is caught :( Not sure if that was worth the price but we shall see.

IBT: Inca and Dutch sign MA vs Egypt; Maya and Persia sign peace, then Mayans declare war on Persians again :lol: ; Persia and Hittites sign peace

T5: 1325AD Borders expand and troop requirements to prevent flipping dramatically decrease so I move some units around.

No one but us is building Manhatten’s so we should be ok pre-build wise. We may want to consider an Apollo prebuild next. We can trade Fission around or wait till Mini is done so we can keep our prebuild in Sala.

With all the hard work we've done in this one, this game is getting a chieftan feel to it now :lol:

1325AD Save

Good turns. But what's with all the destroyers and fighters? I doubt we'll be invaded any time soon.

just building enough ships to be a beakon, and we only have 2 fighters completed atm, thought we could use a half dozen or so. we also have a total of 1 bomber.

3 cities building destroyers and 2 building fighters, i don't think i'm over doing it. however, you are up and are free to change as you choose. i guess i erred on the side of safety for now, and we're not paying any troop support atm so there's no harm.

I'm not against building a minimum amount of troops, but our money is best spent on tanks and Mech. Infantry. I doubt we will face naval invasions or need air defense.

Edit: I was also referring to the airports. They are only useful if we will be engaging in a war or building airplanes (aside from the first which can be used for trade).

ok, no problem. we need more of everything, really, mech's and tanks as well. i guess i didn't think 4 airports was too many but maybe it is. i was just thinking that in case of attack, i didn't want the AI to overwhelm the choke town with bombers. i wanted plenty of fighters there doing air superiority missions, to help bring down whatever they have, and i felt we would probably need more than 1 vet every 2T once it started. i have seen the AI bomb units to thier death, emptying entire towns, and a sid level AI can bring a lot of bombers to bear if the circumstances are right. but have a look at the save and change whatever you believe needs changing.

Turn 0 - I change a number of Airport/Naval/Air Force builds to
either Hospitals, Commercial Docks, or MEch infantries (to be
disbanded in corrupt cities to build libraries, courthouses, etc.)

Turn 1 - Persia's power has been significantly reduced, so I sign a
peace treaty with them for some luxuries and get 191 gpt.
Unfortunately, I didn't notice that we had an alliance with
Germany that still had 7 turns left. Oh well. Speaking of Germany,
they have quite a bit of cash (300+ gpt). Do we sell them Fission?
Or keep the semi-monopoly on it (Persia has it too, maybe 1 more
civ.)?

Also, I've been disbanding newly-built mechs in cities that need the shields and joining indigenous workers back into cities. Does anyone have a problem with this?

So does no one care if I sell Fission to other civs? I'll wait a little more before I do anything.

i was holding off on selling fission till miniturization come in and we no longer need manhatten project as a prebuild in sala. i have a feeling that the ai could build it rather fast. however, deals are starting to run out so it may be best to trade it to get more gpt.

Just skip me and finish this game :(. I have absolutely no free time today, and I'm up in 2 other SGs. I didn't do anything drastic in the 2 (Turn 0 and Turn 1) turns I played, though I did do a lot of MMing and changing airport and military builds to either needed buildings or MI's (if they had all buildings) and using them to speed up outlying cities' builds.

Preturn: Make peace with Greece and Persia.
Trades:
Sell Computers for 1000+ gold, amphibious warfare, 181 gpt from Persia.
Sell Computers for 1000+ gold and 213 gpt from Mongols.
Sell Computers for 1300+ gold from Mayans.
Sell Communism for small change to Egypt.
Sell Fission for 1700+ gold and 380 gpt to Germany.
Sell Amphibious Warfare for 91 gpt + change to Greece.
Sell Ambhibious Warfare for 296 gold and 6 gpt to Netherlands.
Sell Fission for 2200+ gold and 74 gpt from the Incans.

We are up to 16854 gold and 1886 gpt at 100% science.

Adjust towns to scientists to finish Miniturization in 5 instead of 6 (building Manhat in 6 as a prebuild)

Early: I do a whole bunch of worker merges - around 100 or so - half foreign from extinct nations. I save around 50 for our use.
I rush some buildings.

Mid: We get Miniturization and switch to the internet. Rocketry is known. I don't go for it right away. I want to get the internet for sure first (Decide to wait on the steal too).

Sign an ROP with Byzantines to help them get of our territory faster.
Get 236 gpt from the Hittites for Fission.

Manhattan project finished by the Incans.

1360 AD: Internet is next turn so I trade Miniturization for Rocketry, 800 gold and 247 gpt. and then back trade for another 360 gpt.

Late: We Don't have any Aluminum! The mayans have an extra so I trade for it.
Yow! the dutch would have 4 of them if they connected them up and knew rocketry.

Notes:

We have greatly strengthend our ability to resarch; Nuclear Power was 15 turns at the start of my turn and is now down to 9, so an increase of over 50% This was due to the the internet (25% of the increase for all core towns), 100+ workers I merged into cities; rushing libs and Unis' and getting corrupt cities large enough to support scientists.

We still have 60 workers to clean pollution. Note that I went for ecology to get Mass Transit. I suggest building these in all large cities when we get Ecology especially in cities that have finished all other improvements. Otherwise, the 60 foreign workers will not be sufficient the the towns get really big.

As Yom suggested earlier, I recommend having towns that have finished all useful builds disband units into towns to help speed up things like factories or cultural buildings.

Persia is about to go over 100k culture. Other nations have over 1/2 thier culture, but I think we should also get to 1/2 ourselves. Currently we are gaining 750 culture per turn compared to Persia that is getting 300 culture per turn(they mobilized), so we will be catching up. If we continue to rush cultural buildings, we can get it up over 1200 per turn (we have 73 towns which can have all buildings (16+ culture) which is 1168+) and will catch up quickly.
The Save

A cultural loss is a very minor risk; if Persia started to pull ahead culturally or the second place culture was eliminated or slowed down. (This is why I recommended spending our resources on culture). Otherwise, I agree. With our ability to prebuild and steal tech, we should be able to build the last spaceship part before the AI can no matter what. In fact our research strength is good enough to get the last tech first I think.

Top Bottom