C2C - LAN GAME - Sync Issue

Ququ

Chieftain
Hi,

Before describe my issue, many thx to moders, amazing works !

I start yesterday a game with my brother, side by side, to do a big game all over the chrismas week, to know who is the best !

But after some turns (262) we had to stop after many sync probleme. evrey 2 turns we have to restart the game, quite boring. Have you an idea to fix it ?

Many thanks !

Out of Synch errors are one of the demons we struggle with a great deal. I've tried to learn how to spot them and I suppose I've figured SOME things out there but nothing that's enabled me to actually solve any - well... one I did fix that I had caused. Seems only Koshling and AIAndy have proven able to resolve them though. And both are on down time. Additionally, from what I can tell, it's just one of the toughest things to debug period. Sure sucks for my wife and I though to be struggling with them as much as we do.

Ok thanks for fast reply!

Have u any tips to avoid it (disable some options, like random event?) ? our save is definitely down (i winning...)?

If we do a pitboss server, that will avoid any sync issue? pitboss works with c2c ?

Re install the game fully, can help us?

Otherwise, i don't fully understand what is a sync problem into CIV 4. I understand both computer do calculation to accelerate turn, and some time one computer do an unexpected calculation by the other. Is it right ?

Many thanks for your replies.

Revolutions seems to cause more.

But what they are is an error in the code that makes one computer process an event differently to the other. In the multiplayer environment, both computers must process the game stream in exactly the same order of events and with exactly the same random results - they run in parallel to each other as opposed to one slaving off a master processor. When one's processing differs from the other, you get an out of synch error. Try playing an Out of synch game for a while to see the crazy stuff that can occur... it's not pretty as the rounds go on.

Unfortunately, there are some of these errors lurking in very common regular regions of code processing making it really somewhat impossible to maintain a long standing multiplayer game. If you're working off of one computer, I'd have to suggest a hotseat game as the only really viable alternative.

Did you try "Run as Administrator"

True that they do show signs of not doing so with all the python errors they're getting there. If one of them is running as an admin and the other isn't that certainly would enhance the # of OOS errors.

Top Bottom