C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Ok looking into for next update. Will trees grow on permafrost? We need some place to build a few cities/stations in antartica.
1. Dont worry about building cities, in later game we have technology to teraform terrain, until that time we can build forts there if you really need
Its lake coast terrain, looks like a building problem then, will it make problems to change it to lake terrain? So lake coastal buildings cant be built anymore?
2. Mod used to have terrain "lake", now I cant find it anymore (only coast terrain) and this problem emerge from it
Was done as starting location for some civs, needed to be enlarged a bit, is already done in new update. All civs are moved now to there historic starting locations also in they will have a hard time but if someone of the AI can conquer its neighbor then he can become a superpower fast.
3. Not sure if I understand you right, just hope you deleted island which doesnt exist in real world
Game on eternity then other civs are not so fast in research. Also the vikings was in america and so on, so long ways to go but some early contacts are possible
4. when you play on eternity almost always you got contact in prehistoric game (sometime in ancient), we need to delay it to middle age. There are consequences for early contact like spreading religions between continents, continents cant indepedently develop
Nope, scandinavia size is mostly real world, its larger then you think, europe needs also to be scaled up a bit because of many civs, greenland is large in real, vikings start now in skandinavia.
5. I afraid you never seen real map
https://www.sciencefocus.com/science/are-most-maps-of-the-world-wrong/
its big diference between Mercator projection and Gall-Peters projection
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mercator-map-true-size-of-countries/

Meaning having 10 of it dont means you have 1 missing. Will make the AI more easy if they cant produce good units. So having more will get you more income. So resources are abbudant, like on real world, others are real rare. Secure a lot uranium and the AI cant get it. Ok a large AI will take all from you.
6. Less resources mean resource driven wars, abudance of resources doesnt push civilizations into conflict.
Will not help currently, as it will not increase the turn time as the universe is unused until you go there, its a more option to game in now if you can reach it and you can game past modern, as said multimap may never come so AI will be taught to go to space also
7. As @Somebody613 told you, it will help turn time. At least make 2 scenarios, please. In space you can build 1000+ cities alone without any rival, reaching space colonization is winning game on mape with space. Un til moders fix AI there is no point slow down turn time with space map.

Last edited:
@arihant
Dude, you're a BEAST!
400+ CITIES?!
It usually makes me utterly fall asleep (and DROP it) at 40 already!
Also, your turns should've been like 10 MINUTES each, daaamn.
But congrats, it was GREAT.
In my first game on pits map used to be 600+ cities. Played as china, eternity speed and controled 200+ with revolution ON :)) you can see screenshot at the end in first pits post in this thread. (he claim only 500 cities but at the end game it was 600+)
Drown hundreds hours in that game :hammer2:
And yes, turn time is around 10 minutes, depends how many civs alive. But minimum is 3 minutes.

In my first game on pits map used to be 600+ cities. Played as china, eternity speed and controled 200+ with revolution ON :)) you can see screenshot at the end in first pits post in this thread. (he claim only 500 cities but at the end game it was 600+)
Drown hundreds hours in that game :hammer2:
And yes, turn time is around 10 minutes, depends how many civs alive. But minimum is 3 minutes.
Yeah, I now stop playing when turn time reaches 30 seconds, if not earlier, lol.
Which is why I now play a Duel-sized Space map (but still with 40 civs, lol) - the turn times are manageable, and you can deal with the other civs quickly enough before they grow TOO huge.
That said, your game is kinda weird - why are you playing WITHOUT Size Matters (or whatever option lets you Merge units)?
It reduces the number of on-map units drastically (27 or even 81 units => 1 super-strong unit), which itself reduces turn times.
Not to mention that it makes a much easier gameplay (unless you don't want it), because AI is too stupid to use it efficiently, lol.
Yeah, a bit of a "cheat", but it's a mod feature that actually makes it unique, so why not?

@arihant
1. Dont worry about building cities, in later game we have technology to teraform terrain, until that time we can build forts there if you really need

I will keep some buildable terrain in arctic, mod has to tweak the growing trees in antartica as ther is tundra terrain and antartica had warm and cold time periods. All is already behind ice in antartica so it can only be reached after icebreaker ship tech later in game. But lets see, i will change all taiga terrain to tundra in antartica, maybe that will fix it, but i am unsure it trees will grow in tundra or not but taiga has to be removed in antartica. Ok changed all taiga to tundra in antartica and added more permafrost to antartica.

2. Mod used to have terrain "lake", now I cant find it anymore (only coast terrain) and this problem emerge from it

Its called " Freshwater coast" and " Freshwater sea" now.

Freshwater sea
terrain is for the middle of a lake, coast for the borders there are no middle lake plots on the map as lakes not so big, so Freshwater coast terrain is ok. Mod should disable some buildings for Freshwater coast or someone tell me if it is better to change back to Freshwater sea terrain from Freshwater coast. But then there will be no more lake coast and a lot of lake coast buildings will be missing.

@Thunderbrd and others: SO WHAT NOW? Freshwater sea or Freshwater coast???

3. Not sure if I understand you right, just hope you deleted island which doesnt exist in real world

Some isle are so small that they are upscaled a bit, its a simulation of the isles, so consider some places are viewed a bit closer, polynesia civ starts now in hawai so its scaled up a bit but canaries and galapagos and other stuff are scaled down again. Will look if something is to much and can be deleted. But in the pacific i will still simulate also the smallest isles.

4. when you play on eternity almost always you got contact in prehistoric game (sometime in ancient), we need to delay it to middle age. There are consequences for early contact like spreading religions between continents, continents cant indepedently develop

Yep, early contacts are possible in the scenario in some ways, but sea plots delaying it sometimes to seafaring tech. Has pro and cons for gameplay and early contacts are historic as more evidence comes up every year.

5. I afraid you never seen real map

Yep, all world maps are wrong but we stay on standard. :)

6. Less resources mean resource driven wars, abudance of resources doesnt push civilizations into conflict.7. As @Somebody613 told you, it will help turn time. At least make 2 scenarios, please. In space you can build 1000+ cities alone without any rival, reaching space colonization is winning game on mape with space. Un til moders fix AI there is no point slow down turn time with space map.

Will make the AI more easy and some resources still hard to get or to have. Has pro and cons for gameplay, strong AI is most important. There still enouth resources a civ will miss some times.

7. As @Somebody613 told you, it will help turn time. At least make 2 scenarios, please. In space you can build 1000+ cities alone without any rival, reaching space colonization is winning game on mape with space. Un til moders fix AI there is no point slow down turn time with space map.

Will not increase the turn time more then 2 seconds, i will not remove space. If you want space removed you can do it and i put it online then, nice extra stuff to game in if you can manage to go so far.
You can stop the game after modern era increasing the tech cost of the next tech to endless if you dont want to go to space, is the more easy way to do it.

Long turn times:

Long turn times are normal on large turn based games later, its not so bad as many think, as you have a lot of stuff to watch whats going on if you turn combat animations on. Time to plan new strategys and watch whats happening, the world is stressfull enouth. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
PROBLEM? @Toffer90 and others...

On a custom game, the game adds:

BuildingType=BUILDING_CULTURE_ACTIVE_MIDDLE_EASTERN, BuildDate=-200000
BuildingType=BUILDING_CULTURE_LOCAL_MIDDLE_EASTERN, BuildDate=-200000
BuildingType=BUILDING_CULTURE_NATIVE_MIDDLE_EASTERN, BuildDate=-200000

Im my scenario file i have only:

Will that be a problem or will that work? It can be build later in city, so it will make the scenario/map a bit harder, or will it cause problems?

PROBLEM? @Toffer90 and others...

On a custom game, the game adds:

BuildingType=BUILDING_CULTURE_LOCAL_MIDDLE_EASTERN, BuildDate=-200000

Im my scenario file i have only:

Will that be a problem or will that work? It can be build later in city, so it will make the scenario/map a bit harder, or will it cause problems?
Scenarios doesn't have BuildingType by default, so remove all of them - WB saves some unnecessary stuff for scenarios that are meant to be clean start.

Scenarios doesn't have BuildingType by default, so remove all of them - WB saves some unnecessary stuff for scenarios that are meant to be clean start.

So you suggest to start with nothing, ok i will consider to remove it.

Coast->Sea->Ocean = distance from land

We know that. :) There is a problem reported that lake coast terrain "Freshwater cost" allows to build ocean coast stuff, we need Freshwater cost or Freshwater sea for lakes, so what should be used now? Freshwater cost or Freshwater sea for lakes?

I only use Freshwater cost currently as there is no distant lake Freshwater sea plot.

@arihant can describe that problem more detailed.

Looks like a mod bug, so some buildings should not be buildable at "Freshwater cost" (Lakes).

Last edited:
I'm not really understanding here but I bet @Toffer90 would understand better. I don't do anything with map creation myself.

One thing really throwing me is the use of "cost" vs "coast" - is that an unintended inaccuracy or is that the spelling of the tile type? If there is no 'Freshwater Sea' plot, I would assume all plots in a lake should be considered coast plots but there could be something I don't know about setting that up manually like that which makes it problematic artistically or something.

@Thunderbrd

@Maltazard reported this: "There was a change in how coastal tiles are considered for buildings, it happened a while ago."

So someone tell me before next release now if its ok to keep "Freshater coast" terrain for lakes or not. Otherwise i have to change that also.

Sounds like someone changed lake terrain to freshwater terrain. Maybe buildable buildings are not updated to that way. Or @raxo2222 drunk to much again removing some stuff.

Why some guys do space maps if there is no space AI ??? Or is it the only problem that the AI will not enter space from a normal terrain map?

Next UEM update is ready soon, took much longer time to move all the civs then expected. As WB dont saves all stuff correctly, it needs a lot of hand editing.

Why some guys do space maps if there is no space AI ??? Or is it the only problem that the AI will not enter space from a normal terrain map?

Next UEM update is ready soon, took much longer time to move all the civs then expected. As WB dont saves all stuff correctly, it needs a lot of hand editing.
Waiting, because I want to try it out, lol.

It's technically doubly stupid to have Space on serious scenarios, because if you can't manage a decisive victory until it gets really relevant... then you don't know how to PLAY, period.
The whole reason I use them, is to simply explore the TECH TREE, which is about 1/3 Space-related.
But other than that, and if I want to WIN a scenario by defeating everyone - nope, Space is actually just a memory gobbler hindrance.
I repeat: If you (anyone) have been procrastinating for so long as to get into the Space-relevant era (or beyond) - then you just suck at playing C2C.
Period, lol.

Waiting, because I want to try it out, lol.

It's technically doubly stupid to have Space on serious scenarios, because if you can't manage a decisive victory until it gets really relevant... then you don't know how to PLAY, period.
The whole reason I use them, is to simply explore the TECH TREE, which is about 1/3 Space-related.
But other than that, and if I want to WIN a scenario by defeating everyone - nope, Space is actually just a memory gobbler hindrance.
I repeat: If you (anyone) have been procrastinating for so long as to get into the Space-relevant era (or beyond) - then you just suck at playing C2C.
Period, lol.

That dont answer the question. :) UEM scenario is not about to kill everyone only and win, its to survive long and keep the world running with wars and peacefully. Try to game world police. As you change stuff sometimes and as you dont go on eternity + nightmare and with the options i set it is more easy, so you suck. :thumbsup: But israel is in now and they start with a world wonder, as you like to give you self a easy start. :thumbsup: But they may be destroyed now as in this region are many civs now.

So is the AI working on space maps only? If it is the only problem that the AI dont build a settler unit on normal maps to go to space it should be not to hard to fix it.

New UEM version release maybe today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
This is how I actually play most of the time.
It's just that AI is stubbornly dumb (no better words) and refusing to get Vassalized under the most dire conditions, if I've done at least "something to anger them".
Or sometimes because I'm "too successful" - why is THAT even a thing, I will never understand.

RELEASED: C2C - Ultimate-Earth-Map V5.6 100% MOD and SVN update compatible:

Changes in C2C - Ultimate-Earth-Map V5.6 100% MOD and SVN update compatible:

All civs have been moved to the historic/capital city starting location, lets see how this will game out, some civs will have a hard start time and may be destroyed,
but if the close neighbor will conquer another civ they may become a superpower fast!
If you want a working long game without memory leaks and a hard AI it is highly recommended that you game with the preset options in the UEM scenario and that you game on eternity game speed and nightmare difficulty.
Removed the game option "Always Raze Cities" we are back now on standard combat, if you want a hard AI game on eternity + nightmare as recommended!
Added more lush terrain to Nil and other rivers.
Added more swamps to map.
Fixed a bug in Japanese civ starting terrain.
Fixed some lama resources.
Removed some oasis from the map.
Integrated Delaware into the map.
Added Potomac River to the map.
Moved Washington start city to correct position and its a port city now.
Enlarged Iberia a bit to house the Portuguese civ and the Spanish civ better.
Moved Portugal civ to historic/capital city starting location and resized Canarian isles back to normal as the staring pos is no longer needed.
Moved Spanish civ to historic/capital city starting location and renamed the capital city to Toledo.
Moved the Vikings civ to historic/capital city starting location in Scandinavia.
Added missing starting caves to the Siamese civ and Babylon civ.
Added some missing starting units for some civs.
Placed the Victoria Falls to the correct location.
Added the Caatinga to South America a xeric shrubland and thorn forest desert.
Added the Pantanal to South America the largest inland wetland/swamp area on earth.
Moved the Polynesian civ to historic/capital city starting location Honolulu.
Resized the old Polynesian civ starting location isles back to normal.
Removed the Brazilian civ as we already have the Portuguese civ, will make the Inca also stronger.
Added the Israeli civ as the Brazilian civ is removed now.
Moved Istanbul and Ottoman Empire civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Changed all taiga terrain to tundra in Antarctica and added more permafrost, also to the North Pole.
Moved the Sumerian civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Jivaro civ to historic/capital city starting location in South America and resized the old starting location Galápagos isles back to normal.
Moved the Sioux civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Iroquois civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Aztec civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Mayan civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Carthaginian civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Redone the great lakes a bit.
Added the great slave lake and great bear lake to North America and some other missing lakes.
Improved the Hudson Bay a bit and the North West Passage.
Added the Titicaca lake to South America.
Added more lakes to South America.
Added the Montevideo bay to South America.
Added more historic volcanos and the Yellowstone volcano area.
Improved Australia a bit, added some missing lakes and hills and mountains.
Moved the Maori civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Arabian civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Siamese civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Persian civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Added some missing lakes in Scandinavia.
Moved the Russian civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Ethiopian civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Zulu civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Added Chatham island and Steward island/Rakiura.
Added the Tasmanian north islands.
Fixed Greece and Crete island a bit.
Removed some not existing islands around New Zealand.
Moved the Indian civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Khmer civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Chinese civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Moved the Aboriginal civ to historic/capital city starting location.
Improved the Bering Strait a bit.
Improved the map terrain a lot.
And much more...

Download at first posting here:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-and-svn-update-compatible-by-pit2015.552901/

Have fun - Pit

Last edited:
Haven't tried it yet, but congrats on the great job ALREADY.
Would be nice if you put a PREVIEW of the map as well, just to appreciate it, lol.
Wait for more comments soon, hehehe.

Woah!!!
REALLY GOOD JOB!
Though it's funny how I'm even more "cheating" now, but "officially", loool!
You removed one Natural Wonder (Sinai) from the "(Jerusalem) cheat", but you added Stone instead.
That's WAY STRONGER, mwahahaha!!!
Now I don't need to even bother capturing Alexandria to get access to Neanderthals.
It's a pity that the game will become more or less unplayable SLOW much earlier than I'll be able to leverage most of this head start - such a pity.
I could still TRY persevering through the turn time waiting, but... ah, we shall see when we get there, lol.
I'm trying it on Eternity (with tweaked Settings to those I always play with, sorry but not gonna change that habit), and I'm some 100 turns into it, and it's really cool.
Thanks!

Aaand turn 300, cut!
Well, Pit, I can only say one thing:
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Sure, I'm playing with Merging Units and Custom Traits (and NO dumb Barbs altogether, for more than one reason), but those are official mod's features, so it's justified.
I also playtest at Settler (and Eternity), so maybe that does make a difference... for now.
I might or might not eventually try out the hardest difficulty as well, but definitely much later - for now I just want to enjoy the map and kinda learn what new layout you gave it, lol.
So, that said - take a LOOK at the screens, hehehe.
You thought you made it HARDER?
Reeeaaally?
Heck, all I need, is to disperse my units (split for more land coverage, even) until I gather enough points for a General.
By then, I'm pretty sure will have access (or could just beeline) to Spiked Neanderthal Clubmen (you literally gave me Stone at my threshold, dude).
Then I build 3 of them, Merge, add the General to the brew - and have a city killer with Hidden Nationality, lol.
All I need is to build another normal unit to follow this one closely behind - and I pretty much can continue the following circle until I capture the entire Old World:
1. Destroy every defender with the Pseudo-Barb.
2. Capture the city with it.
3. It becomes a Barb city, while I get ZERO negative political influence anywhere.
4. Immediately recapture that city.
5. It's now MINE (after several dozen turns of unrest, but who cares, and Story Tellers exist as well, if I'm in a hurry for some reason), and nobody CARES whatsoever.
1-5. Rinse, repeat, until the entire Old World is mine.
6. If I start getting Revolution horsehockye, just LEAVE the city as a Barb one, loool, until I see that I have enough "space to stretch a Revolution", so to speak.
1-6. Rinse, repeat, GLOAT!
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Oh, and a side note:
Assyria actually culture-swapped ON ITS OWN, loool!
Wouldn't work (that easily) on a harder difficulty, though, so I won't exactly count it as an achievement, heh.
Ah, and a side side note:
I got VERY lucky with money huts for some reason.
Now, THAT probably would be a problem under worse randomization.
Yeah, suuure.
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Attachments

• ISRAEL.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.3 MB · Views: 5
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG