Can/do barb ships ever pillage workboat improvements ?

Oh yes!

I usually play on the Communitas map. Barbs can lurk on tiny islands and come out of nowhere to pillage your undefended coastal towns, not to mention wrecking your long range trade routes. Difficult map to play on ... though I'm a poor player.

BTW -- your Dutch domination video is the most useful thing I've seen for learning to play Civ -- I watched the whole thing from beginning to end. Taught me all sorts of things.

I'd be interested to see what you could do with a continents-style map.

In my games they have never pillaged my work boats and was wondering same thing. Maybe I just have been lucky when damaged barbarian boats move over my work boats and do nothing. However they love pillage trade routes. In my experience it's very rare that they pillage work boats because it hadn't happened to me single time since BNW was released. Don't remember if they use to pillage them more before BNW.

My work boats have never been pillaged.

Maybe we should have a poll and see very roughly how common it is?

my second American LP is played on continents map .. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFWnpbmrXTorc2VjoBaZMinjDhkXQRCRp link was on signature too

Thanks! In fact I noticed the link after I'd already posted (inattentional blindness), and started watching.

I'm impressed by how flexible your game play is. You seem to constantly adapt to how the situation develops, rather than having a fixed plan that you find difficult to abandon (which is my usual problem!)

I'll be interested to see how you cope with moving over the water to the other continent.

Cheers.

maybe its more common when the Barb boat is damaged?
I havnt seen it in a while, but it used to happen. I also have not left an early game fishing boat un-defended in a long time :p I consider a trireme part of the cost of early fishing.
and those barb boats tend to die in one turn after entering my space.

maybe its more common when the Barb boat is damaged?
I havnt seen it in a while, but it used to happen. I also have not left an early game fishing boat un-defended in a long time :p I consider a trireme part of the cost of early fishing.
and those barb boats tend to die in one turn after entering my space.

They have been already been damaged when they enter my waters. And they might lurks couple of turns outside of city bombardment and preventing working seatiles. I usually build tiremes for scouting purposes only and to protect early food trade routes if necessarily

AI's however always seem to pillage fishing boats even if they are not damaged

I also have not seen it in a long time. I see the AI do it regularly when at war (and not just when their ships need to heal), but I've seen many an injured barb galley ignore fishing boats.

My work boats have never been pillaged.
From what I recall, it used to be common.

As in, all the time, whenever you would plant a fishing boat.

Barbs don't pillage work boats even if they are damaged.
CS and AI ships do.
Barbs pillage trade routes.

I begin to think about it and yes, seems lately i do not remember barbs pillaging, in past they definitely did. So, something change, do not know when.

I think in BNW they changed the barbarian galleys so that they don't pillage. I think I've been pillaged by barbarian triremes and caravels, and I know galleys love going for cargo ships, but I don't think galleys have pillaged since BNW.

It's actually good that they dont pillage work boats. Work boats are so slow to build in early game and they would be very expensive if you had to keep 1,2 or even more tiremes in your city to protect them

No barbarian boats pillage.

Same code is in Vanilla, G&K and BNW (CvUnit::canPillage)

Code:
// Barbarian boats not allowed to pillage, as they're too annoying :)
if(isBarbarian() && getDomainType() == DOMAIN_SEA)
{
	return false;
}

then why do so many people (me included) recall barbs pillaging workboats ? It was patched in at some point ?
I believe so, yes.

It definitely was a problem in release vanilla, so much so that the widespread QQ undoubtedly led to its removal.

As for the assets, you might need to find a pristine copy of release vanilla to even prove that they formerly could pillage; good luck with that.

Top Bottom