• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Can Global warming effect be change from desert to fallout?

Thanks for answer Munch but I still have to recompile Bhruic CvGameCoreDLL.dll and I don't know how to do it.Can somebody recompile latest Bhruic patch to have Fallout instead of Desert or others terrain?

If you want enhanced global warming and don't mind a few other changes you can check out my mod. The bulk of the major global warming changes aren't in yet but right now it no longer arbitrarily replaces everything with desert, instead it 'downgrades' the tile from grassland to plains or plains to desert.

While the global warming method itself isn't exposed to python the variable that determines if (and how much) global warming will occur is. Currently the method simply counts the number of nuclear explosions and random selects up to that many tiles and changes them to desert, in python you can change the variable that counts the number of nuclear explosions. Both functions are in CyGame, the first is getNukesExploded() which will tell you the current count and changeNukesExploded(int iChange) will will let you change the current count. Using a negative number in the change function will work but you should first check the current count to avoid changing it to a negative number just in case the original DLL code isn't setup to handle that.

Top Bottom