Can I Have A Nice Little War Please

Old&Slow

Chieftain
...that I don`t have to start myself ? :D

Here`s the deal, it`s 1290 and I have a strong Military and a Good Rep.

The only wars so far was started at the beginning by Rome & Egypt, who are next to me, and both attacked me, but got through that. I`m trading with Rome so I`d like to go after Egypt, who is the weakest AI player.

Thing is I don`t want to ruin my Rep by starting a War, so how can I get one going or get Egypt to start it ?

Declare war when you don't have any deals active. Or you can demand a city from Egypt until she's furious, then try an immediately spy thingy. Or just do the spy thingy. Or if she has troops in your territory...

What Tomoyo said... The thing is that if you don't actually break any 20-turn deals, then neither your rep nor AI attitude suffer much. I just finished a game in which I successively attacked all my nearest neighbors (some of them more than once), and razed a couple of towns into the bargain, and still won by diplomacy. It's amazing what a little cash will do...

If you place a single worker near the border of the AI, then declaring war, the AI attacks first. This ruins his rep.

Wait a minute: it's the party that ATTACKS first that suffers the rep penalty, not the one that declares war? I'd always interpreted the, "Remove your territory or the war will be your fault" to mean that if I provoke a war by moving units into enemy territory, that I take a rep hit, regardless of who attacks first. Conversely, I thought the A.I.'s rep suffers when they declare war after I pull the "Remove your units or declare war".

Moving into enemy territory and declaring war after this, is defnetly a rep-killer.
If you do like i sayed, you can easily ask other AI's to join your party, because your opponent is the one who throws the first stone.

Detlef Richter said:
If you place a single worker near the border of the AI, then declaring war, the AI attacks first. This ruins his rep.

A. I don't think it ruins his rep, or changes AI attitude toward him. It's the one who declares war that takes the attitude hit.

B. You don't need to sacrifice a worker to get the AI into your territory. They'll come regardless of what you do. That's why "kill zones" work so effectively - the AIs are not smart enough to sit back and let you throw troops against well-defended cities. They always attack until they run out of troops. Then you can counterattack against weakly-defended cities.

Top Bottom