can i still win?

SR56

Chieftain
All of the info i'm going to be giving you is through memory, so bear with me. I'm playing as Ottomans on an archipelago map. around 1000 AD on emperor. I've been playing for a while off and on, though recently just had a new found obsession with the game. I'm an average player i guess, my only issue is i'm not very patient and not very organized, and most of the time i never start out planning for a specific victory i just kind of go out there and wing it depending on my surrounding.
now, my issues. Nappy is absolutely running away with it over 900 points 2nd is catherine with around 500 then everyone else is behind them ranging from 400 to 200 (i'm at 300 points)
My island is kind of cool (Actually really impressed with the generator for archipelago, always creates intricate harbors and bays) mine looks like the letter P even has the hoop with a city state on a 1 tile wide plot connecting the 2.
about 15 turns ago i got a message from polynesia saying Greece is going to sneak attack me, which they did (without the warning i would've been crushed. he tried attacking me from multiple angles. also impressive.) so being the ottomans i spammed triremes and galleasses (SP). i ended up crushing his navy and army because i caught them all in the water. i took 2 of his cities and razed them, they were junk, in tundra and on the coast.
i'm currently losing about 8 gpt and am -3 happiness, i've built everything but a harbor in my capital and have no idea what to fix. also kind of behind with techs. any feedback would be of use.

Score does not matter at all when determining victory for yourself If you defend yourself on an island your are 95% safe unless you have no defences whatsoever which you do so you will be fine. Now score is just calculates how many wonders, cities, tiles, building, and techs you have and wonders take up the most score. All you have to do is stay at an even pace with the AI to win.

yea i know, but i usually use that as a guage to a nations power.

Well, if you're at 300, and there's a civ out there at 900, you got a runaway pickin up steam on you. While score isn't a complete indicator of how well you are doing, it is a pretty good gauge of when some other civ(s) are starting to motorvate on dangerously ahead of you. With that kind of buildup, they'll likely blow you out on techs, science, and military (and likely everthing else) in a hurry. Been there way too often.

Top Bottom