Can someone plz help me defeat the Romans? (Saved Game Included)

NobleJms

Chieftain
Can someone plz help me defeat the Romans, or at least give me some advices as to defeating them? :( Though we have about the same score, I am in war with Catherine also (though trust me I tried my best to make friends with everyone). I have included a saved game so if anyone can go in there and defeat the Romans, I would greatly appreciate you telling me how you manage to do it......

EDIT: It would be best if Seoul, my ally, is defended. But I don't think even a Civ pro can save it from destruction. My best chance is to hold them off at Kuala Lumpur.

The Roman menace:

Most of my forces are in India now....a bit too far:

I have a large but overstretched empire:

Saved Game File:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dn903r

i didn't load up you're save yet, so this may not be the best advice.

you seem to have a lot of units spread out not helping much. you have a very defensible line at Kuala Lumpur, get that treb inside the city, don't garrison it, keep it active so it can fire in addition to the city firing. I would also park that musket and swords man down there too. if you can, get a cavalry in there to flank around and take out any ballista he brings up.

take Vladivostok, even if you need to puppet it or raze it, its an easy target and you should be able to do it with one musket and some patients.

can't really see what your up against with russia from the shots, I'll try to remember to load the save in the morning if i have time. you have enough units to hold them both off until one signs a peace treaty, then refocus on which ever one stays at war. with all the legions and ballista Rome has in that shot though, you are gonna want to play defensively, you have a tech advantage, but don't underestimate those ballista. your UU cavalry should make quick work of them though.

i dunno, take it or leave it. Can't tell much from looking at screenshots, sorry.

Greg's map, interesting...

i didn't load up you're save yet, so this may not be the best advice.

you seem to have a lot of units spread out not helping much. you have a very defensible line at Kuala Lumpur, get that treb inside the city, don't garrison it, keep it active so it can fire in addition to the city firing. I would also park that musket and swords man down there too. if you can, get a cavalry in there to flank around and take out any ballista he brings up.

take Vladivostok, even if you need to puppet it or raze it, its an easy target and you should be able to do it with one musket and some patients.

can't really see what your up against with russia from the shots, I'll try to remember to load the save in the morning if i have time. you have enough units to hold them both off until one signs a peace treaty, then refocus on which ever one stays at war. with all the legions and ballista Rome has in that shot though, you are gonna want to play defensively, you have a tech advantage, but don't underestimate those ballista. your UU cavalry should make quick work of them though.

i dunno, take it or leave it. Can't tell much from looking at screenshots, sorry.

Thank you Abbrems, I would've moved those units from India to defend Kuala Lumpur, the problem is that I have been at war with the US, and I just took his capital, leaving him with one city left: New York. Should I just leave New York and rush to Kuala to defend against the Romans? My original plan is to quickly mop up the US and then move on to the Romans, but Caesar striked too early.

Any chance I can save Seoul from destruction? If I gift unit to it it'll appear at Seoul right?

Thank you Abbrems, I would've moved those units from India to defend Kuala Lumpur, the problem is that I have been at war with the US, and I just took his capital, leaving him with one city left: New York. Should I just leave New York and rush to Kuala to defend against the Romans? My original plan is to quickly mop up the US and then move on to the Romans, but Caesar striked too early.

Any chance I can save Seoul from destruction? If I gift unit to it it'll appear at Seoul right?

Finish off the Americans. Then go for Seoul, either for salvation or liberation.

eh, if America only has one city left, he isn't much of a threat. leave something behind to defend Washington, you may even be able to take NY if you're careful.

Rome has enough forces to be a real threat, and its easier to defend than to liberate.

For those who are still interested, I've successfuly moved the slower infantry units and trebuchet to Kuala Lumpur, and have blitz New York with my two calvary units.

I've also created a cannon and sending it to Kuala.

But Rome's forces are larger than ever....

Here's the updated saved game file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jhtit0

Top Bottom