Civ V SDK wont let me create new projects? PLEASE HELP!

StaticxViper

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

I'm not the most experienced modder, however, I sort of know my way around civ v modding, so I've been making my own mods for a couple of years now. This is the very first time I have ever run into an issue/error like this, and I feel as though I am out of troubleshooting options, so I've decided to get on the forums in hopes of finding someone more experienced than I am!

This issue is very frustrating. I cannot create new mods, I can only edit my existing ones? Very weird.
I go to create a new project through Mod Buddy in Civ V SDK, I enter the name of the project, creator name, and description, but after hitting "Finish", I'm hit with an error that says:

"The project file could not be loaded. An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 9, Position 55. C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\q32pckv2.5ky\Temp\[projectname].civ5proj"
(I've also attached a screenshot of this error.)

I have figured out that Mod Buddy creates a directory and a solution for the mod where all of my mods are normally saved, however, I cannot seem to create a new project file? I'm pretty confused as to why this is happening.

I have found an old forum post that sounds like they had a similar error, but the fix (if there is one) is not entirely clear...

.... and yes, I've uninstalled and installed Civ V SDK multiple times, I still get this error message.
PLEASE HELP! I want to create more mods!!!

Attachments

• 2022-10-23 12_32_12-Window.png
    2022-10-23 12_32_12-Window.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 22
Wow.... I think I figured it out. After uninstalling and reinstalling Civ V SDK and VS 2010 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and overrrrrrrrrr...... I just figured out, I was getting this damn error because I had an ampersand (&) in my mod description..... I am at a loss for words..... just wow.

Maybe I'm not as experienced as I thought LMFAO welcome to programming smh...

Top Bottom