Can the AI use Treasures ?

Pomphis

Warlord
I quite like Treasures. That said, I wonder whether the AI knows what to do with them. I started my first AND2 some days ago, and fought a war to conquer a city where the AI had stockpiled 8. Now I am looking at a city where the AI has stockpiled 4. In both cases my culture is encroaching fast, and the AI´s territory is shrinking correspondingly fast. But the Treasures just sit there, waiting for me.

The default AI routine for Treasures is AI_MERCHANT. Maybe we should make it AI_ENGINEER instead? That would encourage the AI to use Treasures to rush buildings.

The default AI routine for Treasures is AI_MERCHANT. Maybe we should make it AI_ENGINEER instead? That would encourage the AI to use Treasures to rush buildings.
Can it rush buildings? Isn't it a culture bomb? So a great artist AI could work better, isn't it?

Can it rush buildings? Isn't it a culture bomb? So a great artist AI could work better, isn't it?

Artist, Engineer, and Merchant are all listed as possible AI routines, but right now Merchant is the default. So I'm thinking the AI is wanting to save them for Trade Missions. The culture boost is only a base +200, compared to +4000 for a Great Artist, so I wouldn't want to use Treasures for that, unless I really needed the side effect of cancelling a revolt.

Top Bottom