1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we play civ5 with directx9-like graphics on a mac?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Macintosh' started by Jim Bro, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Jim Bro

Jim Bro Emperor of Quebec

Can we play civ5 with directx9-like graphics on a Mac? I installed civ on Mac Osx but I can't change the graphics to match what I had when I played it with direct x 9 on Windows. I don't like high graphics with civ5. The game is way too buggy. Can you suggest something mac users or should i be back at playing civ5 on the windows portion?

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Moderator Action: Moved to the Mac forum.

3. AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan Prince

The Mac version is based on the DirectX 9 version of Civ V. What settings are you trying to change, and what are you trying to change them to?

4. Jim Bro

are you sure cuz it looks exactly like if i would play on direct x10/11. do you have tips on how to lower the graphics other than by putting them on low in the option menu? i want to reduce the loading time as much as possible. thx.

5. AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan Prince

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's based on DX9. :)

Beyond lowering the graphics settings and resolution, your other option is to play on smaller map sizes.

6. Jim Bro

ok thx!