can you explain this bug?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Dushku, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Dushku

Dushku Prince

In album form: http://imgur.com/a/dyKky

Basically, Shaka offered me Umgungundlovu in a peace deal on his turn. I choose puppet city, city instantly starved to one pop, and never begins to build anything. I investigate and find it's not even working the city plot! Reload to just before the peace deal and it happens the exact same way.

I reload once more and this time refuse his peace offer only to turn around and offer it right back to him on my turn. He accepts, I puppet city, and city behaves as expected. You can see the bug unfold towards the end of part 1 of my Warring Washington series here. And me working around it at the start of part 2 here.

This isn't a fluke either. I one time had received a city (can't remember if I conquered or got it through peace) and puppeted right away. I reloaded that same turn only to find the city had been auto-annexed. Any ideas on what might cause these cities with identity crises/getting stuck in limbo?

2. Sclb

Sclb Emperor

3. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Thank you! I wish I wasn't recording/publishing when I learned of this, but good to know how to avoid it in the future. I will be including a shout out to you for this info in my next segment and include a link here in the description of the current segment.

4. Valmighty

Valmighty Warlord

This is bugging me as well and i read multiple posts about this from 2-3 years ago. 2K has been lazy.