Can you Please create a new axeman

Dragon67

Warlord
I like the new units, thanks thal. But still missing a axeman. Mainly fore those without iron
axeman, must be one step ahead iron working, and the swordsman
Suggestion axeman: 9 strenght, flavor offense/defence5 + city attack bonus like the swordsman ? Upgrade later to levy? :confused:

Spearman frankly seems to do this well enough. They will be in trouble attacking swords, but spears+archers can defend against swords alright.

Iron was downgraded enough with catapults no longer needing it, people without iron or horses should feel a pinch against those that have either, let alone both. And swords are weaker than horses. The point being that spears counter horses, whereas swords aren't countered. With all this, a civ4-esque axeman would do more harm than good.

Civ4 in general was more about rock-scissors-paper, and it made sense due to stack combat. You piled up a stack that had a counter for everything that might attack it, and then plenty of catapults/cannon to counter another stack. Civ5 combat is different.

It's very unlikely we have both 0 iron and 0 horses. Both swordsmen and horsemen are equally valuable units in the Vanilla Enhanced Mod. If we do have neither resource, as tlaurila mentioned, spears+archers are a decent defense against strategic resource units.

I like the new units, thanks thal. But still missing a axeman. Mainly fore those without iron
axeman, must be one step ahead iron working, and the swordsman
Suggestion axeman: 9 strenght, flavor offense/defence5 + city attack bonus like the swordsman ? Upgrade later to levy?

We shure needs the axeman, mybe the most reputated classic age warrior. Speramen are for defense, axemen for offense.

Axemen should need bronzeworking and have a attackingforce a bit stronger than a spearman, allmost as a swordsman but a bit weaker defense.

I wouldn't mind to see an Axeman return myself. Imo. he should be weaker than the Swordsman but have a bonus against melee units (not against cities) and work as a counter to Swordsmen the way that Spearmen/Pikemen work as a counter to Mounted units. Axeman should unlock at Bronze Working, whereas Pikeman should unlock at Hunting (renamed Trapping), which would make more sense,as Hunting is in the same line as Civil Service which unlocks the Pikeman.

I wouldn't mind to see an Axeman return myself. Imo. he should be weaker than the Swordsman but have a bonus against melee units (not against cities) and work as a counter to Swordsmen the way that Spearmen/Pikemen work as a counter to Mounted units. Axeman should unlock at Bronze Working, whereas Pikeman should unlock at Hunting (renamed Trapping), which would make more sense,as Hunting is in the same line as Civil Service which unlocks the Pikeman.
Swords are already countered by archers due to their range so there is no need for adding another counter for them.

The most appropriate addition of a unit would be light cavalry/ranged cavalry addition in the game which later upgrades to armored scout cars & light tanks or something similar.

Top Bottom