Cannibal Promotion

Opera

Deity
I started adding a pretty lot of new leaders to civilizations which only have one. Today, I've done the Archos and, as I felt inspired, I even created a new trait & promotion. This promotion is called "Cannibal Ritual", it is given to any units that Samachii (the new leader) build. It does the following:
In enemy cities: +1 unhealthy, -0.5 diplo malus, 2 Archos culture; the whole into a city at 1 tile;
In rival cities: +0.5 unhealthy, -0.25 diplo malus; the whole into a city at 1 tile;
+15% health regeneration after fight.

I have some questions:

1) Is it too much?
2) How can I test these features? Specifically, I don't know how to test the culture and healthiness ones... or...
2bis) How are handled the values of <fInfectCulture>, <fHealth> and <fDiplo>? What does mean the f? Let's say, if I put -1 for <fHealth>, does it add 1 unhealthiness by turn? By unit?

I started adding a pretty lot of new leaders to civilizations which only have one. Today, I've done the Archos and, as I felt inspired, I even created a new trait & promotion. This promotion is called "Cannibal Ritual", it is given to any units that Samachii (the new leader) build. It does the following:
In enemy cities: +1 unhealthy, -0.5 diplo malus, 2 Archos culture; the whole into a city at 1 tile;
In rival cities: +0.5 unhealthy, -0.25 diplo malus; the whole into a city at 1 tile;
+15% health regeneration after fight.

I have some questions:

1) Is it too much?
2) How can I test these features? Specifically, I don't know how to test the culture and healthiness ones... or...
2bis) How are handled the values of <fInfectCulture>, <fHealth> and <fDiplo>? What does mean the f? Let's say, if I put -1 for <fHealth>, does it add 1 unhealthiness by turn? By unit?

The "f" means "float" - which means you can use decimals for the value. -1 means that whilst the unit is in the city radius (either own, team, rival or enemy - or combination thereof), the city suffers -1 health. It won't accumulate over time, but is applied per unit - so having every unit able to gain -1 health is going to be very powerful indeed (10 units can inflict -10 health on any city they stand next to).

The most powerful health reduction for standard units in FF is on Diseased Corpses and I think that is only 0.4 (so you need 3 for -1, 5 for -2 etc...)

====

For testing, if you turn on debug mode in the ini (chipotle) and press Ctrl-Z (View All), I think you should be able to double click any city to see the city view for it (even ones you don't own). Alternatively, you can put enemy units with those promotions next to your own cities and see the effects that way.

Thanks for your answer.

I did some testing and it appears that fHealth values like -0.5 suppress unhealthiness. I even tried with the "Malaise" promotion, which came with FF, but I got the exact same result: no more unhealthiness in the city.

Any idea why is this happening?

Here is a part of a screenshot that show the problem.

Attachments

• Health Screenshot.png
    Health Screenshot.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 394
I wanted to bring this thread up (yay, necropost!) and ask if the Malaise GIVES health rather than reduces it, has been fixed?

I wanted to bring this thread up (yay, necropost!) and ask if the Malaise GIVES health rather than reduces it, has been fixed?

Looks like it - I just checked and Malaise was showing up in the total in a positive manner and forced a city into unheath.

Top Bottom