Cannot found a religion

Oddible

signal / noise > 1
So basically if all the Great Prophets get taken you literally cannot found a religion? This seems very broken. I'm in the industrial age.

Industrial age is way too late to try and found a religion. There are a limited number of religions per game, it's half the number of civs +1.

Civilization 4 and 5 also had a fixed number of religions. Nothing broken at all.

The problem, and what is broken, is that there is an entire aspect of the game that is completely unavailable: Faith. I'm accumulating Faith but I can't do anything with it. I'm not saying that there should be a religion for every civ but maybe I could join another Civ's religion so that I could actually use this resource that is just sitting there doing nothing at all. In Civ V Faith wasn't a dead resource if you didn't have a religion.

You can buy great people (or naturalist), as well as the faith building of whatever religion has spread to your cities. The great people side of things is, on it's own, incredibly valuable. I still don't see what the problem is.

The problem, and what is broken, is that there is an entire aspect of the game that is completely unavailable: Faith. I'm accumulating Faith but I can't do anything with it. I'm not saying that there should be a religion for every civ but maybe I could join another Civ's religion so that I could actually use this resource that is just sitting there doing nothing at all. In Civ V Faith wasn't a dead resource if you didn't have a religion.
As Lord Olleus pointed out, buying great people with faith is hugely valuable. Also, considering how viciously you have to fight to keep a religion you've actually founded from being wiped out in your own civilization by foreign proselytizers, I find it hard to believe that your cities don't have some religion; if Scythia, India, or Brazil are in the game, you might as well consign yourself to losing your religion... ;) Also it appears you're playing as India, which means you actually benefit from letting other civs fight to convert you, as you benefit from all their follower beliefs.

It seems weird, you are complaining about being beat to a religion and literally talking about the industrial age as if you think that is a reasonable time to still found a religion. You obviously were not focusing on it if you are in industrial and just now are coming across this. Most of the religions will be founded very early on.

Be Arabia and you are guaranteed to found one.

To be honest, I find it rather amusing that with those 6,106 allegedly useless Faith points, you could actually rush all four of those first Great People, Oddible. :lol:

I'm here in the forums... I'm here with a screenshot, losing my religion.

Sorry, couldn't help it. :)

Tryina' keep faith in use, but I don't know if I an do it. Maybe I waited too long, maybe not long enough...

You're trying to create a religion in the industrial era?! Lmao. They're gone within 50 turns, sorry buddy.

I have like 8000 faith stockpiled. I didn't even know you could buy GPs with it !!

It seems weird, you are complaining about being beat to a religion and literally talking about the industrial age as if you think that is a reasonable time to still found a religion. You obviously were not focusing on it if you are in industrial and just now are coming across this. Most of the religions will be founded very early on.

Be Arabia and you are guaranteed to found one.

You're trying to create a religion in the industrial era?! Lmao. They're gone within 50 turns, sorry buddy.

No, no I'm not trying to found a religion in the industrial age. You gotta actually read the post.

I'm trying to understand the Faith mechanic in a situation where I've gotten beat to all the religions. It looks like so far I can only purchase Naturalists with Faith.

No, no I'm not trying to found a religion in the industrial age. You gotta actually read the post.

I'm trying to understand the Faith mechanic in a situation where I've gotten beat to all the religions. It looks like so far I can only purchase Naturalists with Faith.

And great people. And faith buildings from which ever religion has spread to you.

But great people is the main one in my books.

Top Bottom