Can't contact

magicshane

Chieftain
I'm playing an LAN game with only two players. For some reason, neither of us can contact the other. We both have Alphabet and plenty of technologies. Whenever I click on his name to get to the contact screen, nothing happens.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Shane

when you click on his name, he should receive an indication that you're trying to initiate contact with him. he should then do one of two things:

1. decide he doesn't like you, and ignore your contact request.
2. decide he likes you (or that he wants to hear your offer), and click on your name on his list to accept the contact request.

if he has sound turned down, it's very easy to miss the contact notification.

-ken

Have you two civs actually 'met' in the game (e.g. your scout has encountered the other person's scout or territory)? You could be on different continents and may not meet for sometime, when one of you manages to sail round the world. Until you do you will not be able to contact each other, as far as I know.

I'm in a PBEM game at the moment, in the very early stages. If I hover my mouse over the other human player's name I can see that I cannot contact him diplomatically yet because we haven't actually met in the game.

Top Bottom