Can't download from downloads database... help?

Jaster83

Chieftain
I keep getting this ridiculous error saying, "Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait 2 seconds before you may download another file."

I haven't downloaded a file from this site since 2005, so the error message is erronous itself.

Happens on every map download I try.

Tried it in Mozilla (whatever their latest version is) and IE7, both with the same result (sometimes it says I must wait '3' seconds though).

The maps section is really hard to navigate, am I missing something...?

Still Same Problem

still having the same problem

Hi Jaster83, try downloading w/o logging in in another browser to see if it makes any difference. It's not required to login to download files.

I will look into it. The delay time is only set to 5 seconds between files. If you keep getting it, then it's a bug.

Yessir, I tried without logging in the very first time I tried, it wouldn't work in IE7, so I tried Firefox. When that wouldn't work I remembered I had this old account from when I was playing Civ3 and *then* logged in to post that I was having a problem. It doesn't seem to make any difference as I've tried both ways, and I don't *think* it's a plugin that's causing problems because I tried it on a vanilla version of Firefox without any kind of plugins.

I haven't been able to download either, when I click on the download link the browser would just sit there and load and nothing would download.

Thunder... still having this issue... able to download the HoF mod and the GotM file but still not able to download from anything that starts with forums.civfanatics.com =\

Iunno. Deleted temp internet files, goofed around with cookies and security settings, did a rain dance, disabled all my plug-ins, tried combinations of all of the above while doing a rain dance around a bonfire, as well as paid a Haitian to perform some black magic... the website is resistant to all of these forms of coercion.

I think the Haitian may have been a Mexican though, hard to get Haitians in NE Texas... so that could've affected the outcome.

But seriously, I can't think of anything else. Did I skip something to try?

<3 Thunderfall. It works! Yey! Curious what you did now though.

Is it permanent, or do I have like an hour window to download all the maps/mods I may want to try?

I disabled the delay check for now. Before it was set to 5 seconds... but apparently for a few users the delay check wasn't working correctly. You said before you kept getting those messages no matter how long you waited?

Not sure if this will be permanent, since very few people have this problem... but I'll leave it off for now (at least for the next few days). Hopefully even if we enable it again, it still works for you. Downloading successfully likely resets whatever info stored in your account that is used to do the delay check.

Top Bottom