Can't establish trade routes anymore

akoufaki

Chieftain
I started a new game after freshly reinstalling all mods (cleared whole MODS folder) and I could make trade routes just fine. However after loading up my game today, I can no longer establish any trade routes other than with city states and internal trade routes. I literally had trade caravans finishing their routes to Persia and Assyria only for none of their cities to show up as available anymore. What's going on?

This happened to me from the beginning of another game I had been playing so I reinstalled all mods and everything was fine until now. The only mods I have installed other than Vox Populi are Enlightenment Era, Civic and Reform, and More Unique Components.

Did you get sanctioned?

Make sure that you are not subscribed to any VP component counterpart on Steam (such as More Luxuries or Community Patch). If you are, unsubscribe, delete everything and rerun autoinstaller.

Nope, not embargoed and the only VP related thing I'm subscribed to on Steam is Civics and Reform. I again reinstalled everything with a fresh MODS folder, still no luck. It seems I can actually only trade with city-states that I'm allied with, weirdly enough.

When you deleted all mods in your mod folder and reinstalled everything; did you also delete your cache folder?

I'll try verifying the integrity of the game files right now, as for the cache would that be the cache folder that's in the same folder as the MODS folder?

I tried both and initially nothing happened, so I gave up and continued playing. However I'm now in the industrial era and all the trade routes reappeared. Maybe there's just something I'm missing concerning one of the extra mods I have installed? Very confused.

Were you in the enlightenment era? I feel like that could be it, because I heard you also can't get great prophets during it.

With Civics and Reform, there's a civic in Economy that buffs internal trade route but prevents you to send international trade route except to allied city stated and vassals/master. Maybe you took that civic ?

Top Bottom