Cant find Thal's Mods on Steam Workshop

civ5goldedition

Chieftain
I cant find any of thals mods on the steam mod workshop and when I click the automatic download from his website it says That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author. any help would be appreciated

The mod was removed from Steam Workshop after the release of Brave New World, and the latest patch Firaxis released. The patch changed a lot of things, which rendered the Gods & Kings Communitas mod (GEM) incompatible, so it was removed from Steam.

You can get the latest version of the mod for Brave New World here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15667&act=down

This is 3.1.8 Beta, Thal updates it regularly at civmodding.wordpress.com

Hope that helps :)

I will clarify the website. Sorry for the confusion! Thank you for bringing this up. :)

I'm adapting the project for BNW as rapidly as I can. I hid the Steam projects until I feel confident in the mod's progress (they're just hidden, not removed). I want to do it right, which will take some time. The BWN version has been relatively stable so far.

I modified the installation page. Hopefully this looks better now. I plan to upload the project to Steam in August. :)

You can also subscribe here to get news of updates by email, until I get the project up on Steam again: civmodding.wordpress.com

I am returning to Civ 5 after a bit of a break. I still have Civ V Unofficial Patch (G&K)
that was Last Updated: Jan 28, 2013. It is not updating now and I am wondering if I should disable it in order to start a new game? Is there a mod that does similar things somewhere else until this is updated?

Just wondering what I should do now ;)

The patch Firaxis released for all versions of the game just before BNW greatly changed many parts of the game. I plan to update the vanilla and G&K versions of the project to work with that patch when I have time. For now, I recommend playing without mod if you do not have BNW.

I thought I saw on steam that there was an update but I can't seem to verify that.

An update by Firaxis? Yes. They released one a couple of days ago.

An update by Thal? No. Not yet on Steam. Still working out some things by way of the users here in the forum first.

Top Bottom