Can't get Civ3 to reinstall

Nebuzaradan

Chieftain
A friend of mine liked my Civ III game so much she went out and bought it herself and tried to install it. I have no idea what she did, but she screwed it up good. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but everytime you try to install, the install wizard flashes up for a second then says it "finished successfully" The game wasn't installed, and all I can find that it did was copy Civilization3.exe and a couple other files into the "c:/windows" directory!?!?!

Anyone have any idea what it is doing? I have already cleaned every trace of Civilization and Infogrames off the computer and the registry but it still does this.

Nebuzaradan said:
A friend of mine liked my Civ III game so much she went out and bought it herself and tried to install it. I have no idea what she did, but she screwed it up good. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but everytime you try to install, the install wizard flashes up for a second then says it "finished successfully" The game wasn't installed, and all I can find that it did was copy Civilization3.exe and a couple other files into the "c:/windows" directory!?!?!

Anyone have any idea what it is doing? I have already cleaned every trace of Civilization and Infogrames off the computer and the registry but it still does this.
Have you also deleted the reference to the Civ installer from the installshield registry key?

See the stickied thread at the top of this forum.

I believe so, unless there is a registry key in some other location than was listed in the sticky and wasn't named anything with "civ" or "infogrames" in it (I did searches through the whole registry for both of those as well.

I copied that directly from the Atari site, and also linked to it. So there shouldn't be any leftovers.

Just curious, you've rebooted after all this, right? Sometimes a reboot is in order to make sure everything is cleared out.

Top Bottom