• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

can't get it to run under vista -tried everything!

EmmaLB

Chieftain
it installed fine... but when i click on terran.exe to run it nothing happens. My computer's mouse shows that it is busy for a few seconds that that's it.

i have it, xp patch and update installed.
I've tried copying the whole thing across from a pc where it works (under xp).
Also tried this:
http://www.vistareadygames.com/showthread.php?t=67586
but i can't get it to run even in the administrator compatibility tool. I fail at that step.
But when i run it from the compatibility tool i get two DOS boxes flashing up in quick sucession, but that's all.

I can manually edit the .ini files because of the voxle thing, doesn't help...

and well, microsoft's compatibility modes don't work either...

If i run those as well as the admin compatibility tool then I get the error message 'waiting for programme to close', which I think means it started and tried to end.
I also get it to come up with a crash message under some compatibility modes, but that's about it.

generally - no response at all.

Can anyone help? I've very frustrated! I want to be able to play it again, i only just found my cd! I've wanted to play it for ages and was really looking forward to it working on my laptop :(.

Try the procedures in this post and in this post.

Thanks for replying! I've already tried that, but using the compatibility mode that vista offers didn't work :(.

I do have alien crossfire, but actually wasn't planning on installing it - I prefer the original to be honest. But do you think that might have a better compatibility with vista? Or is it the all the same?

Top Bottom