cant open building panel

My CEG mod from the wiki reads 3.6.2 and works very well.
I can download files from Github, but I can't seem to make the load by mod-buddy.
Are there any tricks I should know?

Additionally, the xml files are all scrambled and can't be read easily with notepad.

Also, the only version I'm seeing there is 3.5.4 for last week.
Where are the more recent versions?

Thal does not always keep up-to-date with the GitHub files. But not to the point where it is a pointless exercise.

Loading the project in ModBuddy is just a simple case of double-clicking on the *.civ5proj file or the *.civ5sln file, whichever is used. This will load the project into ModBuddy. If it doesn't then you may have to configure your ModBuddy to point to the correct core files. You need to have installed the SDK from Steam for it to function.

Really though, you shouldn't have to worry about using ModBuddy, all you will be doing is changing some text files in the MODS folder of your CivV installation.

As I have mentioned to you before, Notepad is not very good for working with the XML/SQL files. You NEED an editor that displays them with the correct indentation and, even better, with colour-coding. Yes, it is possible to use Notepad, but if you (and I believe this fits you) are not familiar with these languages then helpful software is essential.

My advice to you is: get an editor that works. Sublimetext or Notepad++/ or for that matter anything else besides Windows Notepad. Probably Notepad++, more 'friendly' for new users.

Top Bottom