Capitals

Warlord56

Warlord
I posted a strategy about capitals on teh old forum which was long and I don't fel like writing so can i ask?
Does anybody take over capitals anymore?
It has helped me greatly twice

------------------
let the defenders create an army atttacks are inaccurate.

Go to the old forum, copy the text that you posted before, and paste into a new post.
Just a suggestion so you don't have to re-type everything and also everyone can gain from your knowledge.

------------------
-PaleHorse76-

Hmmm reading your message gave me an idea. What would happen if you took a spy/diplomat and destroyed that civilizations Palace in the capital city. Would the civ split in 2? Would there be nation wide riots?
what?
Well i'll try it out tonight and give you the answer

------------------
A.K.A Gregorius_Luxius
http://civfanatics.com Staff and forum moderator

palaces can not be sabotaged.

If you like to buy cities,eliminating a capitol slashes the price.Never a bad plan to take out a cap when possible.Just kills the victim's science and tax rates.Corruption increases.Its a good thing.

Often caps have wonders also

[This message has been edited by Smash (edited November 01, 2000).]

Nothing sweeter than a civil war in your enemy's camp.

Blitz

Yes Caps usually do have wonders. In one of my recent games I attacked a capital with a diplomat hoping I could revolt it (until I noticed it was the Celts capital)(How do I always get involved with the Celts) Well I then did an industrial Sabatoge(I was under Fund. I should have stolen technology)and destroyed the WomensSufferage

I have taken over a capital before. The civilization broke into two different civs that were about equal in size...basically the civ was broken in half, and cities on the right side went with the original ruler, and the cities on the left side went with the new ruler...or was it vice versa. This has only happened to me when there was 5 or less AIs though. I don't believe there can be more than 6 AIs at a time, not sure, but I never had it happen when there was 6 AI currently in the game when the capital was taken. Has anyone else noticed this?

------------------
-PaleHorse76-

[This message has been edited by PaleHorse76 (edited November 03, 2000).]

split=There must be less than 7 civs currently in the game.Capturing the capitol of the powergraph leader and/or population leader(1 0f the 2 I think powergraph.Population and powergraph leader are usually the same anyway) gets the split.

Warlord56-you not actually destroying a wonder but rather wonder production.The only way to actually destroy a wonder is by destroying the city in which it is located.

[This message has been edited by Smash (edited November 03, 2000).]

Top Bottom